Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Which tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which tires?

Ok usually I am the one giving advice but when it comes to making a decision for myself it always takes me forever to do it.

I am looking to get some Drag Radials for the back rims and don't know which ones to get. I know that the Mickey's will hook better but here is my dilemma.

The Mickey's have been HARD to get and I really don't know if I can get a set of the 275/40's or not. I called a buddy today and he says he THINKS he can get some, but doesn't know for sure. Now, I can get the 315 Nitto Drag radial no problem AND on top of that I can get them for about 40 dollars cheaper than the Mickeys, per tire.

So should I see if I can get the Mickey's or just save about 80 bucks and get the Nitto's?

I guess I should also mention, I have a set of 15x10's with ET Street's mounted on them. So if I really need TRACTION, I can swap those on.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

see if you can get toyo's new drag radial. its called the toyo tq. i watched a few big hp cas test this tire months back at the local strip, a late model supra and a c6z. they were cutting 1.5 and 1.6 60's i was pretty damn impressed. i also run toyo t1r's on my car, stock car and i managed a 1.809 on my street tires thru a 6 speed. they also lasted well over 20k miles. needless to say i will be a fan of toyo as long as they keep making bad *** tires.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

LOL the only experience I have had with Toyo is they are EXPENSIVE! That's not really the route I am looking for right now. HAHA
Old 01-06-2009, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let your wallet decide then LOL!

I use that method most times
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
LOL the only experience I have had with Toyo is they are EXPENSIVE! That's not really the route I am looking for right now. HAHA
lol, yeah they are pricey, but my experience with tires is, well the single biggest enhancer to a cars ride/traction/cornering/stopping are the tires, **** all the hp and brake upgrades in the world, they would be nothing without the proper tires to do the most important job on the car.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Ok usually I am the one giving advice but when it comes to making a decision for myself it always takes me forever to do it.

I am looking to get some Drag Radials for the back rims and don't know which ones to get. I know that the Mickey's will hook better but here is my dilemma.

The Mickey's have been HARD to get and I really don't know if I can get a set of the 275/40's or not. I called a buddy today and he says he THINKS he can get some, but doesn't know for sure. Now, I can get the 315 Nitto Drag radial no problem AND on top of that I can get them for about 40 dollars cheaper than the Mickeys, per tire.

So should I see if I can get the Mickey's or just save about 80 bucks and get the Nitto's?

I guess I should also mention, I have a set of 15x10's with ET Street's mounted on them. So if I really need TRACTION, I can swap those on.

First, i just checked and the ship date for 275 MT et street radials is today in summit...
I am sure by spring they will be backordered.
315...do you have 11" rims? if so buy the 315 mt et streets, i just did.
Id buy the MT's.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

I ended up going with the Nitto's in a 315 to go on my 17x9.5 Fikse's.