Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

How To Deal With Body Shop Error?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry How To Deal With Body Shop Error?

Allright this is nothing too major but since I'm new at Customer Service, I'll ask for advice.

I took my Trans Am to a body shop to get some work done after an accident. This was in November and my repair was done very quickly (2 weeks) and they did a great job. But there's one thing that's been nagging me to death.

They had to repaint my bumper, so they took it off of the car. Since my car is A WS6 they removed the badge so they could paint the entire bumper, but when they re-attached it they didn't put the emblem back on.

I asked them where it was when I picked up the car, and they said they couldn't find it and said they'd order me another one. 2 Weeks go by and i don't hear from them. So I call and they say "A New Badge is around $120, so we're trying to locate a used one". Another 2 weeks go by. I call again and the rep says "Let me make a note, and refer it to the service manager". 2 more Weeks go by.

So here I am now. 2 months of waiting. No Badge. How do I handle this? I know it's "just a badge" , but It was on there when the car was taken in and I want it on there now.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was an insurance claim, I hope you didn't sign as completed. If you did or it was self pay, you will just have to bug the cr@p out of them.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is very simple. You go back and demand that they get the badge ordered for you. You are owed a badge and a badge you will get. There is no room for discussion period. Go back and say that your patients are on thin ice. You are being taken advantage of at this point.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ agree with this guy! they keep holding it off until you finally just give up! well dont give up and give them hell, so they have to fork the funds out to get you a new one.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6 MIAMI
Go back and say that your patients are on thin ice.
If his patients fall through the ice and die is that considered mal practice?

Old 01-11-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

just call them out on it and say they owe you a new badge, you should not need to get a "used" one. Especially if they lost your old one you can just tell them to go screw themselves and they can take the $120 to the insurance company. seriously i would be on there asses about it...
Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just bought one on ebay for 65 shipped new today. if they are a body shop they can get one at the dealer ship for around 100 bucks

Quick Reply: How To Deal With Body Shop Error?