Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTRM defnitions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTRM defnitions

a buddy of mine hooked his predator up to my car and all looked good (knock\ A\F wise) but the one thing he noticed is i had postive ltrims while he had negative on this car... one what is ltrms and what is the correct settings.... should they be postive or negative and what does it all mean ...in this area on completly lost .?????
Old 10-01-2003, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LTRM defnitions

The ltrms should be negative. This is your computers way of keeping the air fuel ratio at 14.7:1 while driving around part throttle. If they are positve it means the computer has to add fuel in order to keep the desired A/F. Now how does this affect me? Well if the computer see + ltrims it will add this fuel when you go WOT. This is not good. You want them to be - while driving around and have the computer 0 them out when going to WOT. The first step i ntuning is to make sure you have - LTRIMS. Not to negative though maybe -4 should be fine. Hving + LTRIMS makes tuning WOT really hard and it becomes a crap shoot if it isnt taken care of first

Take a look around http://www.ls1tuning.com/forums/prof...r&ruid=196 here in the different forums paying attention to the PArt throttle forum