Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

-8 fuel line for feed, can I use....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default -8 fuel line for feed, can I use....

I am using a -8an steel braided line for the feed, will the stock feed line for the return be enough to support 1300rwhp.

Also where is the limit at for twin Walbros in the tank. When would it be recommended to step up to 3 pumps or go to the belt drive pump.

Last edited by sevanseriesta; 01-07-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1300rwhp is going to require alot more than the -8 feed, stock feed as a return and dual pumps that setup is good for a max of about 1000rwhp. A -8 may feed about 1000-1200hp but it will make quite a bit of heat pushing through that small line. You are going to want to step to a large external pump sump fed and -10 feed and -8 return...something like our Stage2 Race kit would be what you are looking for.

Nate
Old 01-07-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the reply, I would love to get the kit, but financially that would not work.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A fuel system is no place to cut corners.... The money you try to save can result in a broken motor & more unplanned expenses than you could imagine. Doing it twice is always more expensive.

Do yourself a favor & delay your project until you can do it correctly the first time. I hate to see you hurt your motor.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not wanting to cut corners, I just do not want to spend the amount of money for a stage 2 race kit, when i think that I could do it at a fraction of the cost. Did not really want to come out and say that because I know that is how you guys make a living.

I talked to nate and he made a good point about a suggestion that I made. That is kind of why I posted in here is to get some advice. 3 pumps sure is a risk, especially if one goes bad. 3 is a lot more to worry about then 1.

Again no disrespect to either of you, I just kind of like to do things on my own, just needed some insight on what way to go.

With that said would a Magna fuel 4301 be enough or is 4303 required. 1300 is what I would like to make at some time but I would rather get to 900 to 1000 and stay there.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
I'm not wanting to cut corners, I just do not want to spend the amount of money for a stage 2 race kit, when i think that I could do it at a fraction of the cost. Did not really want to come out and say that because I know that is how you guys make a living.

I talked to nate and he made a good point about a suggestion that I made. That is kind of why I posted in here is to get some advice. 3 pumps sure is a risk, especially if one goes bad. 3 is a lot more to worry about then 1.

Again no disrespect to either of you, I just kind of like to do things on my own, just needed some insight on what way to go.

With that said would a Magna fuel 4301 be enough or is 4303 required. 1300 is what I would like to make at some time but I would rather get to 900 to 1000 and stay there.

Cant go wrong with a nate system. But to be honest my fuel system is dual walbro -6 from seprate feed for each pump to a y -8 to the rails. I also have a rail mounted fpr. I spent 2k on this system. I run a max of 60 psi on wot and 50 crusing. This same setup supported 930hp on a c-5. thats 1k at the fly. Will you spend less on a setup your self? maby maby not, But that nate system is complete and ready and proven. I dont work for nate or have purchase anything from him but I seen there work first hand. I would save up bro 4 real.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I already have everything you have except for the -8 line to the fuel rail. Thats why I was wanting to stick with what I had and just add the line. If I could do -10 line to the rail and be good I would be alright with that. Just was wondering how much power that would support.

And I have no where near $2000 in my setup. Maybe $500 dollars, but probably less then that. Areomotive FPR boost reference, dual walbros, fuel rails, steel braided line and fittings.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:45 PM
FormerVendor

It is how we make money but it is also how we can save you money in the long run. As we have experience with similar setups and we purchase alot of product straight from the manufacture keeping costs down. I can help setup the system the correct way to keep all your parts pump and all from premature wear and keep your motor feed correctly. I can also work with parts you already have. Building a fuel system to support 1300rwhp is no easy task everything must be spec'ed right.

Nate
Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok I sent you another Pm... I appreciate all of your help again, I did not want to insult anyone and I apologize to both of you if I did. I really like to do things on my own.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 PM
8 Second Club

Not to step on any toes....
On my car, I have -10 feed,-8 return, Aeromotive rails and boost ref. regulator, (3) 255's in tank, steel gas tank with custom modified sending unit and 160 injectors running on E85. First pump runs like normal, second pump is triggered via 35% TPS through the BS3, third pump is activated at 10 psi by the Eboost2.
My base fuel pressure is set at 30 or so. I don't have any problems with fuel.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by veee8
Not to step on any toes....
On my car, I have -10 feed,-8 return, Aeromotive rails and boost ref. regulator, (3) 255's in tank, steel gas tank with custom modified sending unit and 160 injectors running on E85. First pump runs like normal, second pump is triggered via 35% TPS through the BS3, third pump is activated at 10 psi by the Eboost2.
My base fuel pressure is set at 30 or so. I don't have any problems with fuel.
DAMMM! that sounds trick but how on earth did you get the eboost2 to trigger that pump PM me.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

I already have everything you have except for the -8 line to the fuel rail. Thats why I was wanting to stick with what I had and just add the line. If I could do -10 line to the rail and be good I would be alright with that. Just was wondering how much power that would support.

And I have no where near $2000 in my setup. Maybe $500 dollars, but probably less then that. Areomotive FPR boost reference, dual walbros, fuel rails, steel braided line and fittings.
Im not sure how much that line would support. But 2k spent on mine I spared no expense There where cheaper lines,fittings,but i wanted the best. Fuel is nothing to skimp on. But in any case your setup sounds sick 13k to the wheels is going to be fun!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know about 13,000 to the wheels that may be a little much. LOL
Old 01-08-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

I dont know about 13,000 to the wheels that may be a little much. LOL
Why not? JK!