LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cheap cam advice/ help for a friend

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cheap cam advice/ help for a friend

I am helping a buddy peice together a set up for his 96z28 auto and hes looking for a nice cam set up. He wants to do heads come sumer time but atm its not in the budget. When he can afford them he plans on the le2 heads from loyd. If anyone has any recomendations on a good cheap cam as well as where he could find dirt cheap springs locks and retainers that be great. Install is free as the mechanic whom installed his timing cover last screwed up and it did not seal So he said he would do the cam/ fix any preexisting problems free of charge. If any of yal would like to unload springs and a cam I am sure I can convince him to go used so long as its in good shape.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone that would spend money on the LE2 heads and run inexpensive springs etc etc is setting themselves up for disaster..Lloyd prob wouldn't sell his stuff to you if he knew you were not gonna run the proper stuff to go along with it

Cam wise I would look into one of Lloyds custom grinds. Camshafts in general are usually pretty close in price...not really a "Cheap" cam out there unless you bought a used one which I wouldn't do. So if anyone on here tries to sell you used valve springs I wouldn't buy them. But if your hearts set on dirt cheap stuff then I have used springs and a worn out cam you're more then welcome to buy

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 01-07-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like elliot said the only way to do it "cheap" is to buy used parts. Either this site or any of the other LTx sites. just be careful who you buy from. again agreeing with elliot i did get new, quality springs to go with my cam/rockers that i bought second hand.