Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

wish me luck

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wish me luck

just got done installing my 9" rear that i've pieced together over the past year for right at $1200. brand new moser housing at about $600 shipped, moser 31 spline axles with backing plates, long ARP studs, and bearings already pressed in for $300 shipped and my C7AW-E case with 4.11s and a spool for $300 shipped. also added my new spohn adjustable tunnel brace mounted torque arm w/safety loop too. think i'm going to have to finally hit up the track this year when i get some decent tires. i was hitting 420 at the wheels through the 10 bolt with my M6, H/C and full bolt-ons so i'm kinda anxious to see what she'll run. hoping for mid/high 11s. but in the mean time, wish me luck that she drives tonight. think my driveshaft is about an inch short now so i'll be on the market for a used one soon. this car's always digging into my damn wallet haha.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

wow 1200 could you pm me a parts list and where you got it from. I just paid 350 for an eaton for my 10 bolt thanks brandon
Old 01-08-2009, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

I would like a PM on it also. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Launching!

i'll just post the info on here incase anybody else wants the info too. it kinda took me a while to piece everything together.

first i looked on ebay for a while till i found the "NASCAR" center section i wanted. it came with the bigger bearings, C7AW-E case (just a touch weaker than the nodular cases but much cheaper), mini spool, 4.11s, 31 spline count, and billet steel 1350 yoke for close to $300 shipped. you'll have to look on there for a while, but you can find them for close to that price every once in a while.

then i trolled the for sale section on here for a bit and found somebody selling the axles for exactly $300 shipped. they are 31 spline mosers and came with pressed in bearings and backing plates, 2" ARP studs, and a complete set of parking brakes.

and just recently i bought the housing from byunspeed at $610 shipped and installed my own drain plug (1/8th inch stainless button head bolt with loc-tite and a poly washer). picked up some POR-15 for $18 at my local paint supplier, and painted it that night. turned out great.

so that turns out to be less than $1250 for a fully setup 9" rearend painted with a drain plug. just took a little more time and work to locate everything but it was well worth the effort.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Launching!

oh and it drives great. just doesn't like taking sharp turns with the spool. has a faint gear whine but i can't hear it with my exhaust cutout opened. and i think it's actually slower right now because it gets absolutely no traction. but it does a wicked doughnut. i'm going to pick up a couple nitto 555R 315/35/17s hopefully this week. then it's off to the track i go!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would try picking up the mickey thompson's. The Nitto is more of a road course tire
Old 01-11-2009, 04:41 AM
Launching!

yeah i was seriously considering getting a set of MTs on a spare set of wheels but i really wont be going to the track that often. i just need something to hook on the street mostly. that's the only reason i'm getting the nittos. if MTs had somewhat decent wear on the street, i wouldn't even consider the nittos.