LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

FS:Stock Tires

Old 01-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS:Stock Tires

I know this is not the classified section. I have them listed there as well, but because these tires are very specific to these cars I wanted to post in this section. I would like to get about 150 for all 4 tires. They have half or more tread left on the tires.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...l#post10808180

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck. Personally I got those PoS Stock tires off my car ASAP.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Are they the Potenza's?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
Personally I don't need your remarks, I am just trying to sell some tires cheap if someone would like them. They are not POS, but they may not be the best for what you are looking for.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by oshia86
Are they the Potenza's?
They are the stock tires that came on the 2007 Grand Prix GXP front wheel drive V8. My parents purchased the car and didn't like the low profile tires so they had them replaced. I can get more information on the car if you need.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Well don't the GXP's come with two optional tires from the factory? Mine has the Potenza's but wasn't there an all season alternative or something? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And you can't just go change the profile on the tire to something bigger, that screws up the speedometer, and not to mention your suspension is designed for a certain size tire/wheel also. But the Potenzas are pretty good tires i think, maybe why the put them on the Enzo?

Last edited by oshia86; 01-09-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Restricted User

I don't know but I can get the name of the tires. I can tell you that this was the top of the line gxp with the performance package if that helps.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

You sound like a knowledgeable and informed seller, I like it!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
What didn't you like about the Potenza's? I am in dire need of new fronts and would like to know a good set to get. I thought the Potenzas were pretty decent considering they put them on the enzo and many newer performance cars.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

The two bigs knocks I have on the Potenzas are:

1. They wear down quickly. I know all sport tires wear quickly, but these seem to wear quicker than many others.
2. The minute the road gets wet, they go to ****. In snow or slush they are complete and utter ****.

I got Eagle F1s put on my car. They are a little louder, more road noise, but the handling feels better to me. Overall while they are noisy, they're also a better ride in my book. It could just be I was learning the car, but it felt once the Eagles were on I could launch the vehicle harder.

In the snow, my Potenzas bogged down when we had three inches of snow. I ended up going sideways as opposed to forward. When I had the Eagles on I rolled through a blizzard up on the Upper Pennisula of Michigan with my traction control light coming on all of once during a drive from Alger County to Ann Arbor, MI. Also up in the mountains of PA the Pontenzas always felt squirrely when it was raining and I was going around corners. I could feel the back end kind of moving on me. With the Goodyears that is reduced. For example when I had the Pontenzas on I went through one side of S turns and felt like I was going to skid out. With the Eagles I blew through them without any kind of rear end movement, both in damp conditions.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Restricted User

Well I guess driving any tire in the worst conditions would make them ****, how about starting your own thread to speak your thoughts. I am just trying to sell some tires that someone may want.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Launching!

geez guys its easy hes selling 4 stock GXP tires obviously potenzas cuz thats all that comes on our car.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

i know really wtf, we just got about 8 inches of snow here in cleveland this is my first winter with my car and so far it sucks, i have to turn traction control off to get anywhere, otherwise it just spins and spins and stays at very low speeds. i wonder if the eagle f1's perform better on dry pavement than the potenzas tho.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cherrygxp
geez guys its easy hes selling 4 stock GXP tires obviously potenzas cuz thats all that comes on our car.
Ive seen GXP's come with different tires from the dealers. I guess the Potenzas are not popular down here is why i asked.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Wow! Imagine that, Summer performance tires not performing well in the snow!!!

Potenzas are great tires, nonetheless.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Pontenza RE050's is what I'm looking at to replace my goodrear eagles. Its helps that I work somewhere that sells Bridgestone/FireStone tires. Heard they suck in snow or rain and don't last more than 25,000 miles. No mileage warranty on em either. But if they hook and book....all I'm concerned about. I'm gonna go with 255/45/R18 all they way around instead of stock 235/50/R18.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Restricted User

Still for sale if anyone wants to make an offer.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Ok, let me put this baby to bed. The Potenzas are very very soft tires "look at the UTQG rating". They are also rated as Max Performance SUMMER tires. If you look them up, it tells you specifically that they are not designed to be used in rain or snow. Look up Tirerack.com, I'm guessing Pontiac threw them on our cars just because their dry weather traction is AWESOME "hence why they wear down so fast" but again, they aren't designed to be all-season tires. Do remember that we have 300 horsepower they were trying to mate to the ground and the only way to get good numbers out of the car for selling status was to stick a tire on it that they knew could handle our beastly engine. Now, on the other hand you have the Eagle F1's, what I now have on my car. They are Ultra High Performance All-season tires, totally different class of tires for a totally different purpose. They aren't as soft of a compound as the potenzas "leading to longer treadlife" but they are designed to be used in rain and snow, which is why if you are in the upper half of the united states it's a good choice due to the weather. These tires are louder than the potenzas but if you're planning on having them on year round they are by far the better choice if you life somewhere with adverse weather conditions. Also, I know that my tires "the F1's" don't hold traction for **** under heavy acceleration even at 30 to 50 mph, if i romp on it, BAM traction control. The tires BlackHawk is selling are VERY good tires, IF you are somewhere where you get little rain and snow, or you will only use the tires in the summer and have another set of winter tires. This is a great deal as the tires themselves on tirerack brand new are over 900 dollars a set Hopefully this cleared up everything about our tires.

There's a link to the exact comparison page Feel free to take a peek.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...All&loadRank=2
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I live in New England and I have had no problems so far this winter with these tires. My car has 18k on it now and the tread is still decent. Like any perfromance tire they wear faster and are not as good in snow but if you drive like you should in snow you will be fine.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

mine sucks *** in the snow and is starting to **** me off. its like shift to d, on the gas, t/c, t/c ... t/c, t/c, go, spin tires, big cloud of exhaust behind me while i steer to keep it going straight. been lookin at getting a truck or suv for the winter. never realized how expensive storage places were. its just a tin can garage damnit stop acting like its a heated shop for 100 bucks a month. i feel like spending more than the trucks worth in engine addons just to spite the poor monte. the sad part is i might get better gas mileage and will only have to use regular. what a concept.

Search this Thread