View Full Version : 01 cobra vs z28 vs bolt on 350z

camaroracer91
01-08-2009, 11:17 PM
what will win
01 cobra m6 exhaust intake clutch kit nitto 555r's ( drivers best 1/4 is 14.5)
350z auto with headers exhaust intake tuned (but i have seen it destroy bolt on gt's by 3 lengths )
me with mods in sig

ponygt65
01-08-2009, 11:27 PM
01 Cobra runnin mid 14s? WhTF do you live? (oh and they are 5spds, not 6)

What year 350Z? If he's 'destroying' bolt on GT's by 3 lengths, he's got more than full exh, CAI and tune, unless it's an 07+

No matter what.....you 'should' beat them both.

Pending your DA, that cobra should be low 13s with those DR's.

RaggedRides
01-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Did he swap in a 6-speed?

If all he can muster is a 14.5, he will loose. The car's got potential to go much faster, but now with him behind the wheel. My friend's '96 Cobra snagged a 13.7 with 3.73s, H-pipe, flows and a cold air kit. This was with a 2.0 60ft, a hellacious tick and backfires every time he hit a gear.

You should jerk a knot in either one of their necks.

camaroracer91
01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
yea I was talking to him he spun all through 1st and 2nd, he just got the car recently and he bought the car with the work done. and i watched with my own 2 eyes a 350 z rip apart a gt. And 5 speed my mistake

camaroracer91
01-08-2009, 11:44 PM
he said the nittos suck with his car and i live in jersey

ls1passion
01-09-2009, 12:59 AM
yea I was talking to him he spun all through 1st and 2nd, he just got the car recently and he bought the car with the work done. and i watched with my own 2 eyes a 350 z rip apart a gt. And 5 speed my mistake

U should easily kill both of them also 350z with a good driver mod will not be killed so easily but with ur mods u will walk away from both of them pretty easily

Summerwolf
01-09-2009, 01:39 AM
I think you'll win, but who knows.....both those cars with those mods shouldn't pose too horrible of a problem for a stock/mostly stock z28 or SS

ponygt65
01-09-2009, 02:05 AM
I dont' doubt him beating a gt....or even destroying it. The 07+s are a good .5 quicker than earlier 350Z's (well, generally). If it wasn't an 07+, then he either has more mods, your def. of 'rip apart' is different then mine, the GT drivers sux major ass, OR it was an 94-98 MGT.

Tis all was saying. :chug:
U should easily kill both of them also 350z with a good driver mod will not be killed so easily but with ur mods u will walk away from both of them pretty easilyI disagree....if that Cobra driver gets the right amount of seat time, I'd be just as worried about him. But, if he can't muster better than a low 14....I think a 3/4 throttle would be enough in that Fbod. LOL

Nitto's....well, you either love them or hate them. I never used them myself. But, I can't see him spinning 1st and 2nd if he heated them up and dump/feathered the clutch correctly. ?

camaroracer91
01-09-2009, 07:18 AM
I dont think it was a 07 or new I think its an 03 but im sure the gt driver couldnt drive cause he was a total tool and lost $100 on the race

~2000CamaroSS~
01-09-2009, 08:26 AM
To give you something to compare it to, my girlfreind had a a 03 350 z bone stock (auto) with stock tire's and ran 14.300 flat summer before last.

ponygt65
01-09-2009, 11:45 AM
To give you something to compare it to, my girlfreind had a a 03 350 z bone stock (auto) with stock tire's and ran 14.300 flat summer before last.
THat's about my experience...so a full exh/I/tune one will not be a full second quicker to put a destroying on a light bolt on new edge.

Cool to see your GF going to the track man.

camaroracer91
01-09-2009, 03:09 PM
well i really dont know what to tell you I saw it with my own eyes

ls1passion
01-09-2009, 04:49 PM
I dont' doubt him beating a gt....or even destroying it. The 07+s are a good .5 quicker than earlier 350Z's (well, generally). If it wasn't an 07+, then he either has more mods, your def. of 'rip apart' is different then mine, the GT drivers sux major ass, OR it was an 94-98 MGT.

Tis all was saying. :chug:
I disagree....if that Cobra driver gets the right amount of seat time, I'd be just as worried about him. But, if he can't muster better than a low 14....I think a 3/4 throttle would be enough in that Fbod. LOL

Nitto's....well, you either love them or hate them. I never used them myself. But, I can't see him spinning 1st and 2nd if he heated them up and dump/feathered the clutch correctly. ?

true but thats "if" he learns 2 drive his car also a stick shift 350z is no joke with a driver mod i have a buddy with a bone stock one that i cant pass up from a roll till after 110 the rest of the time were dead even well i always give him the hit from what ive been told they have a very good power weight ratio and yes i understand boltons dont do much 4 them either

Summerwolf
01-09-2009, 04:51 PM
you're talking about a stick 350 vs a automatic

I've never really thought the 350's were that much...the new 370Z seems like a much better car but it still doesnt have a shit ton of power for what it is.

ls1passion
01-09-2009, 05:57 PM
you're talking about a stick 350 vs a automatic

I've never really thought the 350's were that much...the new 370Z seems like a much better car but it still doesnt have a shit ton of power for what it is.

ur absloutely right dude i didnt see the auto part my bad:emb: easy kill and the new 370z may not have a shit ton of power but it does not need it 2 be fast as they have realy good power ratios which give the feeling of really having the extra power

ponygt65
01-09-2009, 06:44 PM
true but thats "if" he learns 2 drive his car also a stick shift 350z is no joke with a driver mod i have a buddy with a bone stock one that i cant pass up from a roll till after 110 the rest of the time were dead even well i always give him the hit from what ive been told they have a very good power weight ratio and yes i understand boltons dont do much 4 them eitherstick shift 350z ARE a joke. have you not seen teh FI ET's.....they're dogs.

(again pre 07 models).

ls1passion
01-09-2009, 06:55 PM
stick shift 350z ARE a joke. have you not seen teh FI ET's.....they're dogs.

(again pre 07 models).

well i dont understand why richards 350z can keep up with me :confused:

ls1passion
01-09-2009, 07:05 PM
stick shift 350z ARE a joke. have you not seen teh FI ET's.....they're dogs.

(again pre 07 models).

heres a fullbolt on honda prelude vs richards stock 350z like i said he has the driver mod which makes a huge diffrence:chug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUiqFoXRLeI

ponygt65
01-10-2009, 05:22 PM
heres a fullbolt on honda prelude vs richards stock 350z like i said he has the driver mod which makes a huge diffrence:chug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUiqFoXRLeI

So a stock manual 350Z put ~4 lengths on a bolt on 'prelude' (of all cars) and I'm supposed to be impressed? not happenin'. Show me his slip of better than mid 13s @ 105+ and I'll be impressed.:engarde:

Summerwolf
01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
lol, full bolt on preludes do what in the 1/4 mile high 14's?

germeezy1
01-10-2009, 05:49 PM
First of all even an 07 with the VQ35HR is not ripping S197's a new one must be badly driven SN95's or even non PI cars ( pre 98). And a 14.5 out of an even stock Cobra? He should be slapped and tarred and feathered. Even with an idiot behind the wheel they run high 13's. The cars are a " Drivers Race " between each other depending on wether its from a dig or a roll.

ls1passion
01-10-2009, 05:50 PM
So a stock manual 350Z put ~4 lengths on a bolt on 'prelude' (of all cars) and I'm supposed to be impressed? not happenin'. Show me his slip of better than mid 13s @ 105+ and I'll be impressed.:engarde:

ill get a vid of his car from a low roll against a ls1 6speed when i can 2 show u there not slow by any means he lost 2 a 6 speed by only half a car from a 15 roll and they went up 2 110mph

ponygt65
01-10-2009, 05:57 PM
First of all even an 07 with the VQ35HR is not ripping S197's a new one must be badly driven SN95's or even non PI cars ( pre 98). And a 14.5 out of an even stock Cobra? He should be slapped and tarred and feathered. Even with an idiot behind the wheel they run high 13's. The cars are a " Drivers Race " between each other depending on wether its from a dig or a roll.
hasn't that been said already?........:chug:
ill get a vid of his car from a low roll against a ls1 6speed when i can 2 show u there not slow by any means he lost 2 a 6 speed by only half a car from a 15 roll and they went up 2 110mphThat's all relative. IMO, they are. 07+'s can and are respectable to me, given they aren't the lightest cars in the world and are only sixxers, but still laying down LS/Mach ET's fairly consistantly (low mid 13s). pre 07's, suck major balls....FOR the rep they have. I have said this in other boards, in Fresno, 350Z owner think they are gods gifts and they generally a high 13, low 14 second car.....with great driver and ideal conditions a mid 13 once in a while. They are slow, for the rep they get. Hell, you and Anthony should be able to put a few lengths on him. Nothing against your friend directly as i don't know him. I'm going off of my run ins with 350Z owners in our area. They think their shit don't stink.

And for the love of god, could you guys please set up dig races. All these 'choices' of roll racing is making my head hurt.

LSX Cayenne
01-10-2009, 05:57 PM
lol, full bolt on preludes do what in the 1/4 mile high 14's?

Lmfao :D

ls1passion
01-10-2009, 06:10 PM
hasn't that been said already?........:chug:
That's all relative. IMO, they are. 07+'s can and are respectable to me, given they aren't the lightest cars in the world and are only sixxers, but still laying down LS/Mach ET's fairly consistantly (low mid 13s). pre 07's, suck major balls....FOR the rep they have. I have said this in other boards, in Fresno, 350Z owner think they are gods gifts and they generally a high 13, low 14 second car.....with great driver and ideal conditions a mid 13 once in a while. They are slow, for the rep they get. Hell, you and Anthony should be able to put a few lengths on him. Nothing against your friend directly as i don't know him. I'm going off of my run ins with 350Z owners in our area. They think their shit don't stink.

And for the love of god, could you guys please set up dig races. All these 'choices' of roll racing is making my head hurt.

i have great news 4 u man i just got 4 brand new tires and will be doing digs again man i miss them i hate rolls but some people wont do anything but a roll i want dig races because thats were i feel my car gets its best power from :D

ponygt65
01-10-2009, 06:36 PM
i have great news 4 u man i just got 4 brand new tires and will be doing digs again man i miss them i hate rolls but some people wont do anything but a roll i want dig races because thats were i feel my car gets its best power from :D

That's cool.......if two people different races, then do one of each.?. nothing wrong with compromise.:chug:

ls1passion
01-10-2009, 06:46 PM
That's cool.......if two people different races, then do one of each.?. nothing wrong with compromise.:chug:

yea im gonna run a sti from a dig i wonder how that will end hopefully i can pass him up before the quarter mile :chug:

Summerwolf
01-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Lmfao :D

how is that sig worthy and what is so funny? I've seen prelude SH's with full bolt ons doing 14.8-9's consistently at the track (one of my friend has one) I really doubt a prelude is a 13 second vehicle with full bolt ons, maybe mid 14's low 14's at best?

Sarge_13
01-10-2009, 08:41 PM
how is that sig worthy and what is so funny? I've seen prelude SH's with full bolt ons doing 14.8-9's consistently at the track (one of my friend has one) I really doubt a prelude is a 13 second vehicle with full bolt ons, maybe mid 14's low 14's at best?

Then your friend sucks at driving :nod:
Full bolt-on H22's can go low 14's depending on tire/driver.

Summerwolf
01-10-2009, 09:36 PM
maybe its just the mileage? Although her car seems to run pretty well...I dunno. She and I used to street race quite a bit. Yeah I looked it up on honda tech and most are running high-mid 14's with some having drag slicks and stuff getting into the high 13's and very few with full bolt-ons and street tires getting into the low 14's....so my estimate was about right but I guess more can get into the mid 14's then I thought and with some decent tires and lots of skill some can get into the low 14's and then with nitrous/turbo/ etc the times just vary dramatically

ls1passion
01-10-2009, 09:58 PM
maybe its just the mileage? Although her car seems to run pretty well...I dunno. She and I used to street race quite a bit. Yeah I looked it up on honda tech and most are running high-mid 14's with some having drag slicks and stuff getting into the high 13's and very few with full bolt-ons and street tires getting into the low 14's....so my estimate was about right but I guess more can get into the mid 14's then I thought and with some decent tires and lots of skill some can get into the low 14's and then with nitrous/turbo/ etc the times just vary dramatically

also from my experience preludes suck from a dig but from a roll there alot quicker then u will expect also that same 350z beat the m3 that day he barely edged him out from a roll but 4 a stock 350z i say its pretty quick the m3 is fullboltons with a tune :nod:

ponygt65
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
also from my experience preludes suck from a dig but from a roll there alot quicker then u will expect also that same 350z beat the m3 that day he barely edged him out from a roll but 4 a stock 350z i say its pretty quick the m3 is fullboltons with a tune :nod:

Then that guy needs to learn how to drive, or it's an older M3. The last years prior to the 1 series are mid 13s stock. Maybe his tune sucks balls?

ls1passion
01-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Then that guy needs to learn how to drive, or it's an older M3. The last years prior to the 1 series are mid 13s stock. Maybe his tune sucks balls?

1998 or 99 dont remember and he actually can drive:chug:

ponygt65
01-11-2009, 11:47 PM
1998 or 99 dont remember and he actually can drive:chug:

That was the 'older' ones I was refering too. Factory stock 240HP...so bolt ons + tune....~300. Still slower than the 00+ M3's. Again, not too impressed. Come on man...show me something interesting/respectable..Oh wait, this is Fresno. I forgot. LOL

ls1passion
01-11-2009, 11:50 PM
That was the 'older' ones I was refering too. Factory stock 240HP...so bolt ons + tune....~300. Still slower than the 00+ M3's. Again, not too impressed. Come on man...show me something interesting/respectable..Oh wait, this is Fresno. I forgot. LOL

yea man well thats all i got lol ive seen him take out like 4 cars a white 90ish cobra but he couldnt drive because he got his ass raped from a roll other then that nothing else i think oh well u win i give :barf::barf: