View Full Version : New Ford 80#High Imp injectors

MotleyDrew
01-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Anyone know if these will work in LSX setups without modification or adapters?

Let me know what ya think :)

M-9593-LU80* 80 lbs./hr. EV6 11-12 ohms L USCAR

All injector flow rates are quoted at a delta pressure of 39.15 psi. To convert to a delta pressure of 43.5 psi, multiply flow rate by 1.054.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=10702

Hopefully the long length is the same size as the ones we use in our cars as well as the connector type.

FICINJECTORS
01-12-2009, 11:33 AM
They should be the correct length, but it is not the same connector.

I didn't know these were around, I'm gonna try to get more info on them.

they look like the new Siemens 86's that were being talked about a while back. If so, I may be able to get them in the correct connector style.

~Rich

MotleyDrew
01-12-2009, 12:01 PM
They should be the correct length, but it is not the same connector.

I didn't know these were around, I'm gonna try to get more info on them.

they look like the new Siemens 86's that were being talked about a while back. If so, I may be able to get them in the correct connector style.

~Rich

Keep us posted :) The price on these is good at $420.00!!!

What is wrong with the connector? I though my 60# motorons in my Vette had USCAR connectors....maybe I am on crack...please let me know :)

FICINJECTORS
01-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Its not a bad price, I'll have to talk to our distributor and find out what we can get them for.

What year is your vette?

JL ws-6
01-12-2009, 12:41 PM
If I'm calculating this right, these should be able to do about 98 lbs/hr of fuel at about 60 psi, that seem about right?

If so that's really good news for stock computer guys with FI that's for sure.

Should let ya get a little further with the stock computer that's for sure, probably as far as you could even go with a procharger type setup (100 lb/hr of fuel is alot of power!)

FICINJECTORS
01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
They should flow around 99lb @ 4 bar.

When we get them we will be modifying them like we do the 60's, so expect us to be able to flow them to about 120lb @ 3 bar.

JL ws-6
01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
No shit, that's alot of fuel :D

MotleyDrew
01-12-2009, 12:59 PM
its not a bad price, i'll have to talk to our distributor and find out what we can get them for.

What year is your vette?

2001 z06

MotleyDrew
01-12-2009, 01:01 PM
at 43.5psi (3 bar) these would be 84lber's and perfect for my setup as my 60's are at 106% right now.

fenix999
01-12-2009, 02:10 PM
if you guys at FIC can get these at a decent price i suggest you do a monster group purchase to bring down the price alittle bit and have a thousand people buy these all at once. GROUP BUY here we come!!!! I know you guys are going to be in, this is a big deal we finally get a somewhat "big enough" high impedance injector that wont cost you your left and/or right nut :eek: :cheers: thanks for posting this OP!

MotleyDrew
01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
if you guys at FIC can get these at a decent price i suggest you do a monster group purchase to bring down the price alittle bit and have a thousand people buy these all at once. GROUP BUY here we come!!!! I know you guys are going to be in, this is a big deal we finally get a somewhat "big enough" high impedance injector that wont cost you your left and/or right nut :eek: :cheers: thanks for posting this OP!

Agreed ! I would want to make sure the connectors will work with stock connections. Please let us know if that is the case and then lets see a group buy price :)

kp
01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
"Introducing the new 80 lb/hr high impedance fuel injector from FRPP! Standard equipment on the 2008 Cobra Jet turn-key drag race car, this injector is perfect for highly modified 03/04 Cobra owners and GT500 owners alike. Our testing has shown that on a GT500 with stock fuel pumps, these injectors barely go above 80% duty cycle while supporting 700 rwhp at 40 psid fuel pressure."

The connector is different from f-bodies but changing the ends is no big deal. Looks like a decent deal if they work as advertised..

fenix999
01-12-2009, 02:48 PM
how do you change the connectors on them? or do you think they sell 'em with the correct fbody "LS1" style connector

slow
01-12-2009, 03:31 PM
ford racing sells a nice 1 piece adapter to go from the new injector style back to the older bosch style connector

Ryan

MotleyDrew
01-12-2009, 05:14 PM
ford racing sells a nice 1 piece adapter to go from the new injector style back to the older bosch style connector

Ryan

Is this for the Connection? If so what is the part# as I cannot find it.

MotleyDrew
01-12-2009, 05:26 PM
These connectors will fix this issue and allow for the connection of these injectors(uscar)to Bosch/Minitimer connectors.

http://www.racetronix.com/IA-MU.html

Although i would rather just have the same injectors with the proper bosche/minitimer connection !

FICINJECTORS
01-12-2009, 06:15 PM
We have the adapters as well. But many injector companys make injectors with either the minimeter or USCAR plugs, like our Bosch Design III, we have them in both connector styles.

Once I get more info about these injectors I'll be able to let you know more about that.

If they don't have the correct minimeter plug for the LS1, I'm sure our group buy will include the wiring adapters :)

03 BUSA
01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Rich, check your e-mail.

MotleyDrew
01-13-2009, 10:31 AM
to da top for update :)

FICINJECTORS
01-13-2009, 09:15 PM
I can get them, but I am going to wait a bit to release them until I get a set in my hands. Expect a video pretty soon of them on the flow bench.

Lextech
01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Susbscribing for Group Buy.

Jeff

rufretic
01-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Subscribing!

Sluggish
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Will injectors this larger ruin idle and low rpm driving?

MotleyDrew
01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Hey guys...I went ahead and bought the Ford 80# injectors with the uscar to Minitimer connectors all for 475.00 cdn !!! I will be getting retuned in the spring and will post my thoughts then :)

MotleyDrew
01-14-2009, 02:51 PM

Should be fine with a tune. These come stock on the new "Cobra Drag Car"

FICINJECTORS
01-14-2009, 02:58 PM

It should work fine, with a good tune.

We are waiting a bit to release these as we have a couple concerns about them that we want to verify and address before shipping.

In the meantime, we do have Siemens injectors in 83lb right now in our modified series.

These we KNOW will work great on an LSx or LTx engine.

~Rich

Beaflag VonRathburg
01-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm in for details. My friend has a set of 96lb high impedance that I'm trying to trade him for. If that doesn't work out it seems like these are going to be the next best thing.

FICINJECTORS
01-14-2009, 06:58 PM
The thing we are looking into now is the fact that these injectors are designed for the new Ford 3 valve engine.

Which means it will have a split spray pattern, possibly upwards of 70* , making use of these injectors in a 2v engine NOT RECCOMENDED. A spray pattern that wide, almost all your fuel will be washing down the heads, and none hitting the valves.

We are waiting till we get a couple sets into the shop, and will be making a video about them, showing them on the flow bench.

We are also going to check to see if we will be able to modify the spray pattern to make these more viable in a 2v application.

Until then we are not advertising them for sale, but it should be within the next week when we will have the video and the answers.

MotleyDrew
01-14-2009, 09:38 PM
The thing we are looking into now is the fact that these injectors are designed for the new Ford 3 valve engine.

Which means it will have a split spray pattern, possibly upwards of 70* , making use of these injectors in a 2v engine NOT RECCOMENDED. A spray pattern that wide, almost all your fuel will be washing down the heads, and none hitting the valves.

We are waiting till we get a couple sets into the shop, and will be making a video about them, showing them on the flow bench.

We are also going to check to see if we will be able to modify the spray pattern to make these more viable in a 2v application.

Until then we are not advertising them for sale, but it should be within the next week when we will have the video and the answers.

Hopefully they will work out OK! They tested well on a Ford GT with a 4 valve motor nicely @ 80% at over 700rwhp at 40psi.

Would you be able to put the 42lb Ford injector and 60# motrons beside these when you test them in the video?

thanks

FICINJECTORS
01-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Hopefully they will work out OK! They tested well on a Ford GT with a 4 valve motor nicely @ 80% at over 700rwhp at 40psi.

Would you be able to put the 42lb Ford injector and 60# motrons beside these when you test them in the video?

thanks
we just got in the new 80 FOrd Racing 80 lbers.. Before I got them I was told that these were designed for a 2 valve intake system and utilized a wide cone spray pattern. This info is wrong. They are a pencil pattern and will work perfectly on these engines. We have them in stock for 455.00 per set. We will flow match them free since we have a few hundred pieces.

MotleyDrew
01-16-2009, 06:49 PM
we just got in the new 80 FOrd Racing 80 lbers.. Before I got them I was told that these were designed for a 2 valve intake system and utilized a wide cone spray pattern. This info is wrong. They are a pencil pattern and will work perfectly on these engines. We have them in stock for 455.00 per set. We will flow match them free since we have a few hundred pieces.

Awesome news ! Guys buy these up !! I already have a set coming direct from Ford in Canada. If I was in USA I would jump on this !

The Beast
01-16-2009, 08:46 PM

What about the modified injectors you spoke of in post #6?

FICINJECTORS
01-17-2009, 12:51 AM
What about the modified injectors you spoke of in post #6?now that we have them in our hand we decided that these cannot be modified. Too bad. We will continue trying. So as of now we will continue to mod the 60 to a 83 which will give you the drop in for an ls1 or 6 because our 83 will have the old style plug. We are still making the ls2 and ls7 up to 1019cc and have the adapter to make these fit the ls1 but then you need the harness adapters.

trey04gto
01-19-2009, 02:26 AM
okay so for the $ 455.00 that does not include the adapters to work with the LS1 style connector? can you quote me a set with whatever else it takes to plug to an LS1 style?

The Beast
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
okay so for the $ 455.00 that does not include the adapters to work with the LS1 style connector? can you quote me a set with whatever else it takes to plug to an LS1 style?

x2 :D

cjg454ss
01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
subscribing

FICINJECTORS
01-19-2009, 10:18 PM
the adapters with weathertight connectors will make these a plug and play for the ls1.. they are 8.50 each.. we have all this in stock

seanmathes
06-28-2009, 09:50 PM
I have a near new set of these for sale. I put them in ran them one session on the dyno. I have a twin turbo mustang on E85 but I need bigger injectors. I will sell them for $400. Thanks

sean

Tricked-Out-Toy
06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
How do these compair to the Trick flow injectors?

cjg454ss
06-29-2009, 12:18 PM
How do these compair to the Trick flow injectors?

i have a set of these, cake walk to tune, idles perfect. actually i had them up to 96% duty cycle so far. they will out flow twin walbro pumps. i know im having problems keeping the pressure up. these injectors at 80% are making north of 900rwhp. im upping the boost to see where their limit is. should know soon enough.

fuel setup is twin walbros 340s, magnafueler y fitting, -8 aeromotive feed, to twin aeromotive rails. proseries aeromotive regulator.

Tricked-Out-Toy
06-29-2009, 12:26 PM
i have a set of these, cake walk to tune, idles perfect. actually i had them up to 96% duty cycle so far. they will out flow twin walbro pumps. i know im having problems keeping the pressure up. these injectors at 80% are making north of 900rwhp. im upping the boost to see where their limit is. should know soon enough.

fuel setup is twin walbros 340s, magnafueler y fitting, -8 aeromotive feed, to twin aeromotive rails. proseries aeromotive regulator.

I was planning on using these for both my LT1 PT-88 build and our S480 LS1 build. They are a great price at $379 Im jsut trying to figure out why they are priced like that and what the fords have over them..

cjg454ss
06-29-2009, 03:33 PM
I was planning on using these for both my LT1 PT-88 build and our S480 LS1 build. They are a great price at $379 Im jsut trying to figure out why they are priced like that and what the fords have over them..

all i know is they were easy to tune. just like 60lbs. they flow too, i have them turned down to 50psi fuel presure now. i ran 22psi with my pt88 and they were only are 96% or something like that. that was boost referenced fuel pressure but the pumps could not keep the pressure up, it would go to 70psi and then fall back to 55 or so. if fuel pressure was steady they would be 80% or less duty cycle. just buy them and dont worry about another injector until your over 1000RWHP.:D

justatunedport305
03-12-2010, 10:49 PM
the adapters with weathertight connectors will make these a plug and play for the ls1.. they are 8.50 each.. we have all this in stock

What would I need to make these work with an LS3 intake?

FICINJECTORS
03-12-2010, 11:55 PM
What would I need to make these work with an LS3 intake?they are to long for a ls3.. you would have to space the rails to high and the injectors are splayed so as you raise the rail you loose the alignment, plus the plug might need an adapter unless you got the ford 80's. We use the ZR1 injector and modify it to flow 80, its then its a direct fit... If you are using a LS1 computer we have all the tables configured for EFI live. We have had great success with this combo over the siemens

justatunedport305
03-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the help. I'll be calling you guys next week about getting the proper injectors for my application. I'll also need some advice on some fuel rails. Thanks again.

bumpin_records
03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
They should flow around 99lb @ 4 bar.

When we get them we will be modifying them like we do the 60's, so expect us to be able to flow them to about 120lb @ 3 bar.

how soon will you be getting them cause i will soon be looking for some injectors for my turbo set up with stock computer. please let me know