Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interesting situation

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interesting situation

OK, I took my 99 Z28 with 180,000 miles to get the oil changed today at wal mart. I know Ishouldn't let them change anything on my car, but i didn't have the time. Anyway the guy wouldn't change my oil because he saw water in the oil, now keeep in mind that I just drove it in to town about 20 miles to do some shopping. So he took me out to the car and showed me this supposed water in my oil. Well I flipped thinking that I had blown a head gasket, but the car didn't overheat on the way home. It also didn't look to me like there was any water in the oil. It is high millage penzoil half syn and half regular. Ok here is the strange part. I buy an AC delco oil filter and some oil and decide to do it myself. I get home drain the oil and it is this color orange it almost looks like the new oil??? NO ANTIFREEZE in the oil at all unless synthetic and dexcool make orange? I don't know only ever seen regular coolant and regular oil. The other thing is I pulled the oil fill cap and there was this bright green sludge on the inside of the cap that looked like guacamolly, and about as thick I thought that coolant made the oil really thin not like tar. Then I rememberd that last time I had the oil changed was back in october and the wall mart were I was living at that time did there version of seafaoming. Could that be the green crap?? No steam out the exhaust and no milk shake in the crank case. Then I took it out and it runs fine. Sorry about the long post just had to explain everything. Car is all stock except K &N and subframe ties.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

dex cool coolant IS orange

other than that I dunno what to tell you, have pictures?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Ive a read couple of posts in which people also talk about a foam under there oil cap. its just condensation my car gets it too and ive never had an issue. as too why its green though i have no clue. they might have added an additive to you're oil or put the sea foam in the oil its self.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Teching In

So the guy at wal mart was an idiot then??