Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot Longtube headers good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Hot Longtube headers good?

I've searched and couldn't find any direct info on these headers. Does anyone know if these are quality sounding and performing longtube headers?
Here is a link: http://marylandspeed.com/jet-hot-lon...h01-p-178.html

Hopefully someone can give me an answer because I am picking up a Z28 within a few days if the car clears my mechanic's look over and I wanted to get my headers, mid-pipe, cat-back, lid, and filter done almost immediately since I believe no V8 should be left with a stock exhaust. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got Jet Hot's about 3 weeks ago and love them. I did a full exhaust at once but there is definitely some more power running through the car.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

uh wrong section

I have Jet Hot coated Hookers. The coating was next to worthless as it started flaking off within a year. My headers are very nicely rusted after about five years. In fact they are rusted worse than a set of headers that have been on one of my other cars for 25 years.

Jet Hot was wiling to recoat if I took the car down and sent the headers back. They may have improved from what I got as that was some years ago.

I decided I let the rust out or get them recoated by Airborne or someone else when doing engine upgrade later on. After seeing how poorly the Jet Hot coating held up for my car, I will spend my money else where.

Quick Reply: Jet Hot Longtube headers good?