Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Vats help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vats help needed

I have searched and searched until I'm cross eyed from reading and I have yet to find a detail description on how to bypass the VATS on my 2002 Firebird.

How do you bypass the VATS system on a 2002 WS6 Convertible? I read threads about a simply resistor will do the trick but nothing in detail. My key resistor reads 3.00 with an ohm meter.

My car won’t start from time to time. It will not turn over no matter what I do (lock; unlock; panic button, pull battery cables, etc...). However, if I leave the car sitting for 30-45 minutes then it will start as normal. It has only done this three times in the last seven years but it has always done this at the worst possible times. So I have decided to bypass the VATS once and for all.

Can someone point me to a link or give me detailed instruction on how to bypass the VATS. I'm looking at the baker electronics VATS bypass for $20.00 but I can't find anyone who has used this product to give me an accurate review of the item.

Long story short, any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went to the dealer ship and the handed me a pack of resistors to do it with,

http://vats.likeabigdog.com/

This is from my old car

Quick Reply: Vats help needed