Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need some help and opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some help and opinions please!

I know i had another thread addressing one of these issues, but I have more questions and no one is going to go back and look at the old one

First off, is it safe to paint your coil packs? I know some people have done it (Spd-Kilz) but I read on another forum that they are magnetized or something and you don't want to interfere with it?

Secondly, my car is in the garage, valve covers and coils in the house ready to paint. I'm contemplating painting the intake or not. Unfortunately I don't have the money right now to get everything powdercoated, and I don't think I will anytime soon. Plus a lot of people told me of their success just using some duplicolor paint. Could someone share the paint process with me, as in, prep work, sanding, primer/color coats. That'd be great.. Anyway

I'm thinking of Painting the valve covers and intake gunmetal gray, and the coil packs red. How does this sound? Or do you guys think switching that around might look better?

Thanks LS1Tech
Old 01-13-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like how it sounds i think if you switched it there would be to much going on, i like to keep things clean and simple. i dont think painting the coils will hurt anything either.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Motorboater

I powder coated my coilpacks and they work fine. I have heard in some cases of heavy metallic paints causing them to act goofy, but haven't known anyone personally that had that problem, just heard it through the grapevine.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys. Yeah I think i'm going to go through with those colors. Valve covers and intake gunmetal gray, and coil packs red. SilverGhost i'm sorry I can't give them to you
I'm glad I was able to get all your info though, as I will absolutely use you in the future. As I stated before, your work is gorgeous

Quick Reply: Need some help and opinions please!