Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about car craft lq 4 build.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about car craft lq 4 build.

I was looking at doing something similar to the build car craft did but with a little more compression and scat i beams and diamond or mahle pistons. So my hangup is do i run l92 heads or ls6 with porting done.Also is the cam in the article best or is there something better.It is going to be carbed because i already have a complete fuel system and a good annular discharge 750 or 830 carb. Plus a nos plate kit set for a 125 shot and a 3500 stall in a built turbo 350, but may step up to a 400 with brake eventually. This is going into my 81 malibu that is driven around town on nice weekends and goes to the strip 1 or 2 times a month.Not at all a daily driver and will probably be more driveable than the 12 sec 355 in it now so a cam can be 23x duration and still be smaller than whats in the 355 now(248 254 solid flat tappet on 112lsa)So if u ever read that article from the may 07 car craft about the 550 horse lq4 and thought they should have tried this or that let me know i might try it.Thanks in advance and if you need any further details on my setup feel free to ask its no secret.