LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Car finally fixed with no issues except one

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car finally fixed with no issues except one

07 Impala SS

Ok as you guys might of read in an earlier post, my car went into the dealer ship b/c my inner tread on the rear tires were wearing badly (20,000 miles on the car, rotate them every 6,000 miles..). well the first visit they aligned the car and replaced my rear tires with brand new ones. Put the new ones up front for the winter and took the front tires and put them to the back (these tires were fine). within one month and 2000 miles, i looked at the rear tires and they were wore! inner tread again.. I had it and told the dealer, listen, if this is not fixed, ill just go to GM next with the issue. I was also having issues with my steering wheel popping (ISS) and a was hearing a ticking sound outside the car when i would turn the wheels.

I told them to keep the car for a week and i dont want it back until it is fixed. (i drive a company van around as my driver) Well in 2 days i got the call, steve here is what we found wrong. as for the tires, we called GM and they told us to replace the camber bolts (theres a TSB out for this with the Police Package) we replaced the bolts and gave you 2 more brand new tires. So i got 20,000 miles free out of the old ones. As for the steering pop, they replaced the ISS, and for the ticking sound heard outside the car when steering, they applied a different lube to the steering rack which was causing that sound. Then they had to hang my car from there lift for 6 hours after appling the lube and putting the cradle back together.. I was like wtf, even they were saying that, but that what GM told them to do.

So i got the car back and wow this is great, no ticking sound from the steering cradle, no poping felt on the wheels, my cars runs smoother with all new tires, and i noticed the new camber bolts fixed the issue i had with my tires since they now looked more tucked in .. Now i was very happy and drove down to Ocean city to see a friend, well what do you know why is it that my steering wheel is turning but im going straight. THEY PUT THE DAMN STEERING WHEEL ON WRONG! lol i was heated it wasnt even positioned right.. it was crooked when car would go straight but when i straighted the steering wheel out, it would turn to the left. i sent it back and it now fixed..

overall, i have broght my car to the dealer 4 times since i have it with this issues and the only thing fixed was 2 new tires and alignment, but after threatening them to call GM (They can get a failing grade from GM is ppl complain about them) they fixed everything.. My car feels brand new again.. Only minor issue im having is my serive tire monitor system comes on from time to time and then goes away and comes on again.. what the heck is causing this.. dealer can tell b/c it dont store a hard code, only when it happens..
Old 01-16-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Well be grateful that thay fixed you major problems.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

forget calling gm , go after them they had 4 more than reasonable tries., theres firms like lemonlaw.com that are free. and will help you