Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Paging peter@aps

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging peter@aps

Left a visitor message and numerous private messages regarding questions and prices for your kits. What gives? Thanks.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
9 Second Club

good luck
Old 01-17-2009, 01:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomz28
good luck
for real, you'll need it.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:37 AM
TECH Resident

They are closed.

They close down for a month every year.

Monday they will be back in the shop. Why does everyone talk crap about them? They want a kit that will make 400-1000 rwhp and have NO issues. Guess what, modifications are modifications. They take work, time, and maintenance. Your car is no longer stock and will not react in a stock fashion. If something doesn't work at a certain level, its probably because they haven't been explored at that level. IE the inlets. They were tested for a "stock" based car an at those lower levels everything works perfectly. Check anywhere, generally speaking, and people say these kits are engineered to the highest standards. APS sponsors many boards and has many customers outside of this forum.

I just can't wrap my brain around they cry babies on this site. Mainly because 99% of the people complaining haven't dealt with APS/Peter directly. If a PM isn't returned they bash their customer service, jeez louise, pick up the phone during their hours. I promise, someone will pickup.

-Wade
Old 01-17-2009, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am relatively happy with the kit. Compared to others it's not bad (at least something was delivered). The constant back stepping and avoiding questions from Peter is irritating. The Corvette guys don't like him either. You obviously don't know what you're talking about the kit being designed for a low power level. They claimed they would make 1000 hp out of the box, and would be very reliable. On top of that issue it's pretty evident at this point they used knock off (probably Chinese) turbos and called touted them as being custom APS pieces. About 50% of the members on this sight have had turbo problems in under about 1 year. OEM type turbos don't fail like that.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with Calongo SS pretty much. I lost 2000 bucks from GMR speed year or so ago.At least APS shipped and shipped promptly. The kit seems very high quality in many areas..downpipes,intercooler hard piping,exhaust manifolds,intake piping all nicely welded and fit good.The custom overflow tank and the windshield washer tanks are works of art. Install manual is very good and install while pretty long and involved went pretty good. The kit tucks against the engine nice.Ground clearance seems unaffected and you can keep your air conditioning and don't have to relocate anything like alternator or battery.
Kit is very stealthy with only intercooler emblem on intercooler neck really tipping off whats under the hood.
That said there are some issues some minor and some more major. They should have included the now available upgraded inlet pipes. I would think they include them in the
new kits. They should. I also think they should have been provided free to original kit owners. I will likely stent mine or buy the upgraded ones so am keeping the boosting down till get the upgraded tubes.
There are problems with swaybars hitting the intercooler tubes and denting them and damaging them. I am running no front sway bar currently but guys have made spacers and played with their endlinks to fix this issue. I think you could simply cut the
intercooler tubes and put silicone sections where the sway bar hits.
Some have had overheating problems. I only drove my car in about 70 degrees so far since finished up install right before winter here. I am not afraid to put in a better rad or high flo water pump if its required.
Several guys have oil blowing problems as well. I have had none so far.
I am not sure if they did cheap out on the turbos maybe using chinese knock offs. There have been several failures of them on the f body boards but didn't find many on the corvette or gto boards which use the same turbos.
Can't explain that.
I do have a dud turbo right now. It is internally cracked apparently and let coolant pour into my engine oil. Caught the problem within minutes of start up of the new 408 install and kit install so hoping it didn't hurt my new engine could have been a very expensive defect.

I have not tried to get warranty from APS as didn't get my kit installed for over a year past when recieved the kit do to having to wait for new engine.
I may upgrade to different center housings not necessarily thru APS.
Other minor complaint on my kit is that they should supply t bolt clamps not worm gear clamps. And maybe offer optional ceramic coating of the exhaust manifolds and the turbo hot side housings.
Anyway as to performance my car is plenty fast with my built 408 and the APS even at 7.5 psi currently. But definitely want to get it up to maybe 15psi eventually with fixed up inlets.
I have seen many many ls1 guys on here get burned from company after company taking their money. I repeat at least APS delivered on time ,actually ahead of time .

I have had Peter usually get back to me in PM pretty quickly and so far have nothing really bad to say about APS but they could work on their quality control of their turbos and if they are buying Chinese they should stop it and buy 100% mits .Mits turbos are usually very reliable .I have lots of experience with them in my dsm cars.

I am hoping to turn some good times and get some good dynos from my 99 this coming season. I upgraded the suppled aps blow offs already to nice turbosmart ones.
I am looking into a bigger rad and or high flow water pump. Seen new edelbrock one and few noname ones on ebay.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Excuse me "cracker." Before you go on a rant know that I emailed him 12 days ago, and I am in the Marines so we don't exactly keep regular hours on which to try and get a hold of someone. I'm not trying to bash a kit or its producer, just trying to get a proper response from them. If they are gone that's good to go, just post up a visitor's message on their page to let everyone know they will not be able to be reached. Crawl back in to your little hole, and if you don't have something to offer, don't respond. It's people like you that make it hard for the newcomers to want to keep posting on this board. Thinking that every post or comment they make is going to be taken the wrong way or ridiculed. Thanks to everyone else for their help.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This has been on the Aps main page

It's that wonderful time again when we take a break to celebrate Christmas. The APS engineering facility will be closed from
5:30pm Friday 19th December

but we'll be back ready to race into 2009 at

8am on Monday 19th January
Old 01-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Teching In

I was looking at his status on this board and it says when he was active, and it was on the days that I sent the message. So someone was on it, that's why I left a page because of the stated recent activity. I have a contact now for APS kits, thanks.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it baffles me all these people who are having issues really. i have personally installed two kits and both performed flawlessly and as advertised. and this was on a pair of local gto's and neither of them has had one single issue. and these kits were from the intital preorder for the gto's so its been a good while.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Default aps

ive had no problems with mine made about 700 rwhp with a 4l80e and a nine inch @10psi pump gas
once i get some miles on the new motor i will get the intake hoses with some good gas and see what gives

Quick Reply: Paging peter@aps