Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Posi came apart who's fault?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Posi came apart who's fault?

I was in 3rd and I heard a snap. I slowed down and started hereing metal crumbleing. I just took it apart and the four bolts that hold the posi were all completely loose. Would that happen from racing or from improper torque and would it cause the posi to come apart internally.
See the problem is warranty does not want to cover it. Which I don't mind, but I also don't want to pay for something that is not my fault.
Thanks guys for your opinion ahead of time.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Posi came apart who's fault?

Did you just have work done to the rear? what YR is it and how many miles are on it.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes just broke posi 2k miles ago and they replaced it. It is a 2002 with 17k miles on it.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They dont want to cover it???!!
hell no, the dealer better damn cover it
you have a 12 and 12 warranty on work and parts even if you went out of the manufacture's warranty.

Old 10-05-2003, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

DO NOT take your car to the dealer. check with your warranty company and see if they allow you to choose another shop. How many times do we see here that the dealers never set up rears correct thats because they get paid shop rate and if they have a rear that is close their going to finish the job and get paid, not take their time and do it correct. Also at a dealership they replace only the bad parts because they want to pay as little as possible to repair the problem and hope that it works until the warranty is over.So go raise some hell at the dealer then call your warranty company