Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Crate LS376/515 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crate LS376/515 dyno

I thought you guys might enjoy this dyno info. This is an out of the box GM crate LS376/515 with a 750HP Holly carb and the distributor conversion with an MSD Billet distributor. This is an engine dyno, not a chasis dyno and I've had personal experience with this dyno and can say that his dyno numbers are accurate. Infact some people say his dyno is a little on the conservative side.

We are demo'n these motors this season in a new class in an effort to reduce our engine expenses. The cost to run our current engines is around $2,000/hr and it'll be reduced to about $600/hr if these LS3's work for us. We'll probably be running them at around 5700 rpm for extended periods of time (up to 45 minutes) at WOT. So, this is going to be interesting. We also have another stock crate class using GM crate ZZ4's and this class has turned out to be our most popular and competitive class we've ever had in our history. We didn't think the ZZ4's would stand up but they are by far the most reliable engine.........as long as guys don't start screwing with them and don't rev them over 5200 rpm. We had 14 of these boats in our 2007 World Championship Marathon race where we raced 600 miles over 10 days with legs of 35-65 miles twice per day with only 1 day off, and not one of them broke down where the rest of the classes had a 50%+ attrition rate. In all we had 52 competitors from the USA, Canada, Mexico and New Zealand. The fastest unlimited boat was a twin turbo chev 588ci with 1700 hp and his fastest speed was 135 mph down a narrow rock strewn river. We had a guy run a T58 Turbine engine last year with 1400 hp and he was also in the 135 mph range.

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/viewtop...?p=10614#10614

Let me know if you have any problems with the link. Take a look around the site while you're there. Check out some of the video links to Youtube. The racers and motorheads among you will find it interesting. Our type of racing is extreme and unlike most, if not all of you have never seen. I've drag raced and raced circle track and neither even come close when it comes to a sustained adrenaline rush.

Enjoy!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice numbers for sure. The unlimited class sounds amazing though, a friend of mine has actually got a GE T58 in his boat as well, though he's only running it at 45% power because it likes to snap off the accessory drive.

Quick Reply: Crate LS376/515 dyno