Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I wanna go turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wanna go turbo

well this is what i got and i needs some help on what i may need .The project is a 97 camaro ss and this is what i got so far
complete 6.0 lq4 short block with 10k
tea 5.3 truck heads cnc portes large valves,deck.010 ,
i need some info on what pistons i need to drop that compression ,what cam to use cause i currently have a is atexas speed ms4 (yea too big) .Will the stock lq4 cam do? Any info would be veary thankfull

thanks drake
Old 01-18-2009, 01:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The heads you want to run are not ideal for turbo with the smaller valves, They are more suited for N/A build or nitrous high compression build. I'd sell them and get some 72cc heads, or some LS3 heads which have much larger valves that turbo motor will benefit more from, also bigger heads will lower your compression. You can probably get a good amount of money for your heads. If you dont plan on going crazy with the boost, a stock LQ4 will handle 12lbs easily and much more on higher octane or meth, as long as the tune is good. Maybe you can save some money and not do pistons, you have a very low mileage motor. If it were me I would take advantage of the low mileage motor.
How much did you get the motor for and where? I'll be in the market for a low mileage LQ4 shortly and I don't see any with mileage lower than 60K in my area, and kind of on the expensive side at $950+. I would treasure a 10K LQ4 right now.