Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Who is into Auto Cross?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who is into Auto Cross?

I love goin staight and fast. But I also like to push the limits of adhesion carving corners. New this year I am adding an autocross course to LA Invasion. A true test to a drivers ability.

So instead of the street you can time yourself for going as fast as you can around those corners in a safe enviroments against your buddy.

So Who all is into it or would be interested?

Where is my boy Assasin66?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Mark,
I understand the cost per driver but what's the deal with "pit personnel"? Are you saying that you'll be charging people to spectate the event?

The cost will be $50 per car/driver. Pit personnel will have to pay the $10 entry fee (unless preregistered for $7)
Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes of course Cesar, but thats the speedway charging,. if you prepay, you get a discount for spectators... same thing when you go to tnt at irwindale or fontana, 10 dollar cover
Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

I've always wanted to give it a shot.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd be in it... If I had an LS1.

Kinda sucks pulling times numerous seconds behind ONLY due to lack of low-end torque.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
yes of course Cesar, but thats the speedway charging,. if you prepay, you get a discount for spectators... same thing when you go to tnt at irwindale or fontana, 10 dollar cover
my logic goes....

we'll be having drag at la invasion already, a car show, and an autox event.... I understand the speedway is charging for admittance for spectators but is "pit personnel" that same cost? I was just making sure spectators wouldn't have to pay extra to see just the autox and it the same charge as for the car show and the drag racing.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

well, C, your logic is a bit off mang,

"pit personnel" and spectators would be the same thing, mark just put pit personnel i think cuz it sound good, you know, cuz of the races
only fee at the entrance(a given i think, but that's just me), then they can go see autoX, drags, show, whatever they want...
Old 01-19-2009, 02:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
well, C, your logic is a bit off mang,

"pit personnel" and spectators would be the same thing, mark just put pit personnel i think cuz it sound good, you know, cuz of the races
only fee at the entrance(a given i think, but that's just me), then they can go see autoX, drags, show, whatever they want...
wonderful! thanks for the clarification!
Old 01-19-2009, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
wonderful! thanks for the clarification!
yw
Old 01-19-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

sup guys, if i still have my car then ill be down for the event. if its happening at the same time as the show and drag then this is likely all ill be doing.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Raptor has it correct.

Unfortunately these events are simultaneous. This has both benefits and drawbacks.

first. By having the auto x the same day as the drags means that you will not have to pay an entry fee for 2 days to go to both (as a spectator or pit crew) and 2 it allows people drag racing to take an couple of hours if they choose to go over and run an autocross (at the expense of a few drag passes) But with the numbers being limited and therefore short lines it is possible.

The down side is that anyone wishing to concentrate on one will not be able to do both, As Dave found out with the car show/drag racing last year. It is too bad but time is limited and I have to work with what we have.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Teching In

I would definately be interested in the auto x portion of this. So it will be a for sure thing Mark? Is the tech inspection criteria different for cars interested in auto x than it would be for drag racing?

Last edited by LT Chevyboy; 01-19-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM
FormerVendor

I will check with the track to see if they have any regulations or if it is up to the "sanctioning body" which will be us (I want to have Assassin66 run it, I think thats the right guy I get mixed up sometimes, Our big time Auto X guy who was going to sell his f body for an Audi) I lost his PM.

I have not signed the contract but i have inquired about it and it should be a go, but again we need to sell it out. This is lowest cost I could do, but need 50 cars.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Ok great. And as far as I know, it's California Boy (Ceasar) that was the one who was going to sale his F bod for an Audi. I know he still has his WS6 though.

He's done numerous auto x events in the past from what he's told me. Could it be him you're talking about?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

Yep, I just found his info, spoke with him and he is going to check on the SCCA sanctioning and let me know.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Launching!

My car is set up for Auto-X. We do Runs in the canyons all the time! Any of you guys are welcome to come out. Yes its illegal but Its a blast. We make the run once a month at least! Up the GMR! Up in Azusa Canyons! If you ever want to see how it will handle, Give it a shot.

This was our Last Cruise up there! You would be surprised how good those Focus handle!

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...d.php?t=184057
Old 01-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Launching!

I would love to! Im in!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Con is that your lonely Trans Am in a sea of Focuses and Hondas?!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ConElite
My car is set up for Auto-X. We do Runs in the canyons all the time! Any of you guys are welcome to come out. Yes its illegal but Its a blast. We make the run once a month at least! Up the GMR! Up in Azusa Canyons! If you ever want to see how it will handle, Give it a shot.

This was our Last Cruise up there! You would be surprised how good those Focus handle!

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...d.php?t=184057
Sounds like fun. Except I am the type to try and take a corner as fast as I can and test the limits of adhesion and with a steep canyon drop off as the option if I push to far well... Also having to explain to the wife why 1. I got a ticket. 2. I wrecked the car etc... Just not worth it these days.

Pushing the limits in an open parking lot with only some orange cones to kill, suits me these days. Man I am getting old! I was at a B-day party the other day and I am listenting to these folk saying how they would not do now what they did in their 20's and how in hindsight they were crazy (I am not that old yet ). Enjoy it.

On a side note I did get a ticket on the Angeles Crest Cruise and I just beat it. No headlights at 9:30am (but my fogs were on) BS

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
I would love to! Im in!
Great,

oh and I hear the state of CA is going to ban blinker fluid for being environmentally unsafe next. Somethin about too corrosive, tree huggin bla bla bla... j/k
Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

sounds like fun! is this limited just to f-bodies? we just put coilovers in my brother's beemer and this thing is ridiculous around turns, it would be fun to push it even further in a safer environment.

Quick Reply: Who is into Auto Cross?