0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

What is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question What is it worth?

I have a 74 Baja bug that I maybe trading for a 79 TA ... Whats the TA worth?

my bug

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/994565768.html

1974 Baja Bug,Orange with black & white interior. 142k original miles. 4 Speed Manual. KC bar w two lights,holds four. New: plugs,wires,belt,oil,fuel filter. New head lights,fuses and bulbs in rear. Passenger floor pan in partially in and I have driver one but needs to be put in. Does need front carpet. Driver seat is torn some and dash below glove box is comeing apart some. Front end flips forward to access gas tank. Front hood and fenders is a one peice fiberglass, rear fenders and spoiler are fiberglass as well. Has aftermarket 15in wheels(on it when I bought it) with 31x10.5x15 tires. Also has dual exhaust and a under drive pulley.

Does not have air/heat. Has heater boxs/channels but needs the cables to be operated. Air system needs a air box. Radio needs replacing. Carb will eventually need a rebuild which is around $20 for the kit. Preivous owner hit a deer on driver side cracking front fiberglass fender-which is patched, needs paint. Also dented rear quarter panel-which has been pulled and temp. spray painted to prevent rusting until I could get it painted. See Pics

This bug is not perfect but runs very strong...ready for some off roading! or made into a unique DD or weekend warrior!

Call Tiffany 8049296605 or BF Chris 8049296601 with any questions(text or call)! Pictures can be sent via cell or email. Will trade for 4x4 toyota pickup. Make an offer... NADA is: Low $1,925; Average Value $3,975; High $6,525

for 79 Trans Am

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/996941153.html

Its a 79 trans am hardtop, mostly original with a lot of spare parts.
original 403 olds engine with 175k miles non rebuilt.
Engine is in running shape but needs carb work(been gummed up, gas doesn't get into the float)

Most of the rust has been addressed, Floor pans had rust cut out and patches welded into the created hole. Trunk had only minor surface rust that was sanded, primed and painted. Quarters just behind doors were cut out and welded same as the floors(I do have the flairs that go there although they're currently not on the vehicle)

Only major rust that exists is front fenders, and a small patch at the bottom of each door. The fenders might as well be replaced, although if you're good with metal work you can save them(they're about 150 each new and bolt right on) I also have spare doors, although they're not far gone, so probably saveable without swapping.

It currently has roller shop wheels, they hold air just fine, and it also comes with buick rally style rims 15x7 without rubber.

Any questions feel free to email me I'll answer quickly. $2000 o.b.o. Will consider most offers. Would also be interested in trade for pre-74 VW beetle, ghia, or kit car in similar condition.

good trade?
What yall think?
meeting seller tonight to view vehicles.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

need your thoughts....thanks for looking ...

to the top
Old 01-19-2009, 11:25 AM
11 Second Club

anyone...lunch break polling lol
Old 01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

If the owner of the T/A 79 let you pull out the 2 rears set, check there first for rust. If you have some, run away. Same if its only in the corner where the rear set belt mount. This is where the rear pring mount and its always the first place people forgot to look. I sold mine 2 years ago whit minor rust there and when the guys have remove the rust, it was more then expect and he have to replace all the section.

Check the light valence at the back, they rust there and you have no aftermarket replacement panel.

If you can have a buket of water, drop some in the grill just front of windshield. Go look inside for leak.

The T/A is very fun to have. You can change the block for more power like a 400 or 455. The 403 its a good engine if you dont plan to mod.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

thanks!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

On HPP, they had someone who built up a 403 Olds for major power, i doubt you want to go through that, so yeah, a better 400 or 455. Great looking cars.