Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??? about removing my air/egr

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? about removing my air/egr

Ok so I am wanting to remove my air system from my 02 ws6. And put in race style headers. I have already had the proper codes deleted and like I said before I want to add headers without the air/egr. So I live in Nevada and The last time I went for a SMOG inspection he lifted my hood and looked at something, Im assuming he was looking for EGR but the 02 F-body doesnt have it. So will I still pass if I remove the air system from my car. I dont want to got through the trouble of removing my air and then having problems passing cause its not there.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

I don't know exactly what your asking here. You're right, the 01-02 f-body's came with no EGR, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure about the AIR. It depends on your emissions and how strict they are. I would assume if it is tuned out and no codes, there shouldn't be a problem. To be safe, I would just buy emissions headers and put block off plates on them. If you fail just put the pump back on to pass, then take it back off. Same emissions here in Ohio, just register in a non-emission county. Hope this helps.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have changed my mind and decided to keep the current QTP's and keep the air/egr. Thanks. To much of a pain in the *** for me.