Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Blackhawk Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackhawk Spoiler?

So i came accross the following add on craigs list.

Reply to: sale-987794584@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-10, 12:54PM PST

trans am ws6 parts really good deala need money everything must go!!!! - $1

trans am ws6 parts, attention hot rodders!!!! front sub frame & More trades accepted These parts came off of my 2001 ws6 in great condition

*Heres a list of items i am selling*

-Rear hatchback with glass "red" with choice of spoilea 300$ graet condition
-black wing (spoiler) one of a kind came off of the original x-men firehawk Trans am got it from my uncle who was the president of the trans am club of sacramento also have a white spoiler off of my ws6 great upgrade for firebirds...
-Sway bars 100$
-Drivers side ws6 door "white" with window
-Crossed drilled rotors
-WHOLE Front sub frame with rack n pinion 175 obo
-Struts with springs and knuckles (offer neeed money)
-Hubs 50$ -tie rod ends
-Brake calipers painted Red and black perfect shape havnt used since painted "bunch of brake pads with alot left on them" all with brake pads for 1775 obo really good condition
-Shocks
-Aluminum drive shaft
-Rear differential 373 automatic 5.7 lite ws6 150$
drive shaft loop (specialy made)
-ss rim 17"
-mille liglia rim 17"
all offers accepted so shoot me a price
make me an offer (916) 295-4923

also have two rear michelon pilot primacy tires i want to sell or trade 275/45/18 these tires are $350 a piece they have 75% tread come look for yourself i will trade these tires for some 18's with lower profile or sell them shoot me an offer... thanks -jamie

ofr more pics email me
called wrecking yards and i am selling it way less than whaa they are selling it for....

trans am camaro ss hot rods hotrods firebird firehawk rs corvette z28 iroc GM suspension upgrade control arm brakes speed performance parts performance upgrade ws6

Is there a such thing as a blackhawk wing? Please post pictures i tried contacting the guy no word back from but it struck my curiosity. I searched and couldnt find anything which is making me question the existence of it
Old 01-19-2009, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

I don't see a reference to a "Blackhawk" spoiler in the add.

He does list a black spoiler from an X-Men Firehawk which looks like this...

http://www.capitalcityfirebirds.com/xmenfirehawk2.jpg

Larry
Old 01-19-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe that is an slp iroc spoiler. it was an option on the firehawks and very rare.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

how much did they want for it?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whoops my bad! LOL i hope thats the one becuase its my favorite! I tried to contact him but he hasnt got back to me. Whats a good price for it? Theyre 450ish new from slp right??
Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Whoops my bad! LOL i hope thats the one becuase its my favorite! I tried to contact him but he hasnt got back to me. Whats a good price for it? Theyre 450ish new from slp right??
well some people dont like it. me in particular. but i dont think you can get it from slp anymore. i believe there was a thread about them earlier on
Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

this will help you more

Firehawk Iroc-Style spoiler???
Old 01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Grab that wing ASAP dude!

Your going to need a T/A hatch to install that spoiler, you can take the spoiler off of a T/A hatch but not a formula, just lettin' you know
Old 01-20-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Grab that wing ASAP dude!

Your going to need a T/A hatch to install that spoiler, you can take the spoiler off of a T/A hatch but not a formula, just lettin' you know
I have a TA. I'm sorry if somewhere i said otherwise, bit i have a 96 ws6. On top of that, i have an axtra trans am hatch with no spoiler, and a stock trans am hatch. I also have a firebird so i have it all covered lol. Currently on my car i have a sportback. I dont know which hatch i should put this on. Probably the one with no spoiler but i was going to use that to do my own custom one off spoiler.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by evilZO6
[COLOR="Blue"]
-black wing (spoiler) one of a kind came off of the original x-men firehawk Trans am got it from my uncle who was the president of the trans am club of sacramento
I have one of these spoilers but not the story that goes with his. If you can get one you will like it. Its a nice step between hi-rise and the molded v6 style. Plus the cadillac catera brake light in it is unique.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea i know all about the iroc spoiler, i just didnt know thats what he was referring to in his post. He didnt name it. I love that spoiler always been one of my favorites. If i can get ahold of him im buying it for sure
Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

The IROC spoiler is cool looking. I'm not a fan of Old Lumpy though.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This person replied to my request & has told me that the spoiler for sale is a standard Trans Am spoiler that was originally on the car before it got swapped out to the IROC design.

This sale ad is NOT for an IROC spoiler design.

(I wonder how long this thread will go on now, since most people don't read the replies & simply go nuts over the first post?!?)

Edit adder:

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, jamie wrote:
Subject: RE: trans am ws6
To:
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 12:49 PM

#yiv689644204 .hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv689644204 {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}http://www.capitalcityfirebirds.com/slp_roadtrip2.htm

heres the link and all the information on the wing it isnt the wing that has the brake light going all the way across it a regular trans am wing. It was the original wing when they did the shoots. When my uncles friend bought it he switched it back to the 10th anniversary wing which wasnt supposed to be on there so therefore ihavethe "ORIGINAL" take a look at the wep page pics... a used wing from rancho recycling is 200$ so i would sell this one from around 300 give or take cause i have alot of people looking at it because of its history.. i also have a regular white wing the sme type just not from the x men off of my 2001 ws6 i will sell for 250$ shoot me and offer and ill take it in consideration also have glass and hatch willing to sell for 200
i would have to look for shipping get back to me (916) 295-****

Last edited by PontiacFan; 01-21-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea he emailed me the same thing but i still want one and am now looking for one! Thanks for everyones imput!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Everyone needs to email this retard & tell him how damn stupid he is.
I was pleasant to begin with, but now need to post all of his remarks & address.

Fact: The spoiler for sale is off a special edition 'X-Men' car. So that makes it super valuable piece that everyone needs!

(Even if it is a standard Trans Am spoiler. Look at the photos. They took the standard spoiler off & replaced it with the IROC unit, & now are trying to sell the standard unit.)

Gawd-damn, ..., Stupid people **** me off, ...

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, jamie armstrong <jamie_2001_2002@hotmail.com> wrote:
To:
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 4:43 PM

Thanks for the interest but this wing is off the original X MEN car that my friend now owns. The wing that was on the car when it was painted and shown is the one i am selling therefore you have no clue about what you are talking about Then my uncles friend bought it and told them that he wanted the slp wing that wasnt specifically made for that car at that time, so they sent him one unpainted without the x men colors. i understand it isnt the slp i never said it was i said it was off of the original X men car so i appreciate it if you would leave your comments to yourself until you know what the hell your talking about and ill sell it to you if you want to pin it up in your shack.....
nice talking to you though im sure your a relaly nice guy with a below understanding about cars thanks -Jamie
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:08:35 -0800
To: jamie_2001_2002@hotmail.com

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, I wrote:

You have a lot of people asking because they thought it was the optional SLP 'IROC' style wing.
But since it's a standard Trans Am wing, I, nor many others may not have any more interest.
I have a 10th Ann'y Firehawk also & simply thought about picking up an extra to hang on the wall just in case.

Later, ...

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, jamie armstrong <jamie_2001_2002@hotmail.com> wrote:
To:

http://www.capitalcityfirebirds.com/slp_roadtrip2.htm

heres the link and all the information on the wing it isnt the wing that has the brake light going all the way across it a regular trans am wing. It was the original wing when they did the shoots. When my uncles friend bought it he switched it back to the 10th anniversary wing which wasnt supposed to be on there so therefore ihavethe "ORIGINAL" take a look at the wep page pics... a used wing from rancho recycling is 200$ so i would sell this one from around 300 give or take cause i have alot of people looking at it because of its history.. i also have a regular white wing the sme type just not from the x men off of my 2001 ws6 i will sell for 250$ shoot me and offer and ill take it in consideration also have glass and hatch willing to sell for 200
i would have to look for shipping get back to me (916) 295-4023

Old 01-21-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know of a website that sells that spoiler. I don't think I post the link here cause they are not a sponser. Then again none of the sponsers sell this so here it is http://www.ftpp.net/98-02appearance.htm.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the link, at least now i know where to go if i ever decide to spend $500 on a spoiler! He honestly mislead us all, he wasnt completely honest about it. I think hes hoping someone will think its the iroc spoiler and pay to have it shipped without seeing it.

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
This person replied to my request & has told me that the spoiler for sale is a standard Trans Am spoiler that was originally on the car before it got swapped out to the IROC design.

This sale ad is NOT for an IROC spoiler design.

(I wonder how long this thread will go on now, since most people don't read the replies & simply go nuts over the first post?!?)

Edit adder:

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, jamie wrote:
To:

#yiv689644204 .hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv689644204 {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}http://www.capitalcityfirebirds.com/slp_roadtrip2.htm

i would have to look for shipping get back to me (916) 295-****

I LOVE your firehawk! Its my dream car. I will have one one day. When i feel like financing a car again becuase im keeping my current trans am and my 10th hawk will be a garage queen! Congratulations on a breath taking and rare car! LOVE IT
Old 06-18-2010, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Default wow 3 years later and i find a forum that is talking crap about my parts? cool!

THE ACTUAL SELLER OF THIS SOO CALLED IROC WING I WAS SELLING!well what has it been three years now and i just came across this where every post is assuming I was trying to sell an iroc wing.. hahaha really that is funny..I had the wing that came off of that car. i have picutes with it on it BLAC AND GOLD.. I SURE DIDNT PAINT IT MYSELF FOR *****... if you have a piece off of the original car that was in a movi anyone would try and get more for it... it was a regular trans am wing! tell me why i would have had the wing and then in the photshoot for their to be the original one on there? its black and gold i never tried to say it was anyting else other than a regular trans am wing with a little history and was on that car at one point and was taken off for the other one?.. for example if you follow me.. if you had the hood from the original Knight Rider would it not be worth more??? correct me if im wrong. that is all i am saying. wierd i came across this and some idiot was posting it on ls1 from my emails.... get a LIFE OLD MAN! stop calling people out and trying to geta rise because you have no life, but was definitely trying to make an extra buck! who wouldnt! in 30 years it will be worth something and you wont be laughing
Old 06-19-2010, 02:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

this whole thread is full of hilariousness and fail, all at once. reading through everything, i dont really feel he was ever in the wrong, and the only thing that might have possibly been concieved as misleading was the "one of a kind" statement in the original add. but thats just a bad choice in words. other than that i see no fault, and if you read the emails he cleared up any confusion.

but, this is an old thread so who really cares.... but still, it is funny that the original seller found this after all these years and had to redeem himself and clear up the story. good stuff
Old 10-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Teching In

Default hahaha

haha well thank you for that i appreciate someone recognizing that!... I think i cleared everything up throughout the emails also if i didnt in the ad... but your right it was alooong time ago and i will talk to the owner of the x-men car as he is a close freind and i will get the info again as i forgot but i just wanted redemption because when i saw this full page forum about my posting calling me out, i wasnt to happy! Heres the wing you were talking about its not hard.. heres a pic and the link..

http://www.capitalcityfirebirds.com/...ersaryXmen.htm

the guy who bought this car is part of the capital city firebirds here in sacramento.... so with that said here you go!! walllahhh now

Quick Reply: Blackhawk Spoiler?