Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird OBD and Smog problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird OBD and Smog problems

I have a '99 FRC w/ a fast 78mm, long tubes, gutted cats, and dyno tune. A few months after my dyno tune, I took my car to get it smoged and it failed. In Nevada, a car can have 2 not readies and still pass so i planned my rear o2's to be my not readies. I then talked to some people and got my car passed but I think it should have passed without help. When i got home, i plugged in my diablosport tuner (this is not where my tune came from) and found the below codes. That was 8 months ago and even though my check engine light is still not on, the diablosport still pulls codes out of the computer. Any ideas?

This is what the smog test spit back out as reasons for why it couldn't pass:
Test Parameter: Result: Additional Info:
OBD CATALYST N NOT COMPLETED
OBD EVAP N NOT COMPLETED
OBD SEC AIR N NOT COMPLETED
OXY SNSR HEAT N NOT COMPLETED

These are the codes my diablosport predator tuner found when I hooked it up to the car again.
P0137 02S
P0138 02S
P0140 02S
P0141 02S
P0160 02S
Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you clear your codes, it will make the rediness tests to report not completed.

So maybe you are resetting them so they have to learn all over again?

As for the codes, those are for your Rear o2 sensors that are missing or the cats.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tuner touched up the tune today and made sure that the codes wouldn't be logged (only codes concerning the rear o2's). Hopefully that will do it. I guess I have to try to complete the impossible gm drive cycle now in order for the computer to make sure all systems are functioning properly. The computer is clear of codes now but I guess i will have to keep checking to make sure they stay clear.
Thanks guys,
Ricky