LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Acouple questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acouple questions

I just finished installing crane gold 1.6rr with polylocks. I was wondering what the trq should be on the nuts/locks I trq'ed them to 32foot pounds for now but was wondering what they should be at? Thanks

Derek
Old 01-21-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derekderek
I just finished installing crane gold 1.6rr with polylocks. I was wondering what the trq should be on the nuts/locks I trq'ed them to 32foot pounds for now but was wondering what they should be at? Thanks

Derek
Why don't you go start it see how it sounds.............
Old 01-21-2009, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vanilla89
Why don't you go start it see how it sounds.............

Ok let me rephrase the question. I followed the instructions on Shoebox on how to set the preload and all that by spinning pushrod once I set proper preload I tighting down the polylock with with an allen key as tight as I could. Started the car up runs fine let it warm up to temp shut the car off checked the rockers and 1/4 of them where loose where the nut/poly lock backed off.

So I went back set the preload on all of them again just to be sure then tighten down the lock again but this time after I got the poly's tight I trq'ed the nut which probably didnt move but another 1/4 flat. Started it back up it runs fine let it go through another heat cycle and they are all still tight the valves that are closed i can spin the pushrod but not move it up and down so I think it's good now just wondered how other people tighten the locks/nuts.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Acouple questions