Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Gen-ttr turboI got a qu

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gen-ttr turboI got a qu

I got a qu , Have anyone herd of Gen-ttr turbo kits? HOW good are they? I want to go FI but turbo or supercharger?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what no one knows anything about this type dang.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris'stransam
what no one knows anything about this type dang.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your post has been up 4 hours... give it some time.

I like turbos, twin screws are nice because of immediate torque. I don't like centifugals. I'm sure people will pop in with their opinions.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

I want to go FI but turbo or supercharger?
I don't understand this sentence, it's not very coherent.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

turbonator...
Old 01-22-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ lol. if you want mediate response go with a supercharger (roots type), a turbo will have a little more lag but if you size it properly it wont be anything big. turbochargers are more efficient then superchargers because superchargers steal power from the engine to be turned, a turbo just uses exhaust gases to spin, it still takes up a little hp from the engine but it is allot less then a supercharger. and try to avoid the rear mount turbo set up's. good luck
Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

I got a qu , Have anyone herd of Gen-ttr turbo kits? HOW good are they? I want to go FI but turbo or supercharger?
I don't know what happened to GenTT but I do know that Byunspeed sells their kits. A few years ago, I wanted to buy their kit for my Trans Am but decided otherwise when they raised their price. Their kits do perform well and there is a guy in Kuwait who did a build with their kit. His userid is Firehawk123, checkout his thread on his build that he posted in this section. He had a 408 setup with that kit that was pushing around 912 rwhp at 12psi with a lot of room left but had to change out his injectors and a few other things. FI is cool but in order to choose a setup, you need to set specific and realistic goals as well as decide which pros and cons you're willing to accept.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes I like the GEN-TT and i still have it on my car and that thing is making alots off power with my 408ci but as Zeke34 sad that i had to change my injector because they where maxing out that wasnt problem for me , but its easy to install and its simpol .
Old 01-23-2009, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk123
Yes I like the GEN-TT and i still have it on my car and that thing is making alots off power with my 408ci but as Zeke34 sad that i had to change my injector because they where maxing out that wasnt problem for me , but its easy to install and its simpol .
Firhawk, why do you feel the kit hasn't sold as well as others?? i like what Gen-TT do and they seem to make the power (well yours is).

Chris.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:48 AM
TECH Regular

Although the question wasn't directed towards me, I think the reason why this kit hasn't sold as well is because people prefer the APS kit over this one. With the Turbos slightly sitting under the car, people all of the sudden put it in the same category as STS (ground clearance issues). Just my $.02
Old 01-23-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Firhawk, why do you feel the kit hasn't sold as well as others?? i like what Gen-TT do and they seem to make the power (well yours is).

Chris.
I do seel like that because every one think that is low and it wont clear the ground clearns .. but you dont need to see the roods over hear they are **** and still am having fun with it .

Quick Reply: Gen-ttr turboI got a qu