Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump a little different

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump a little different

I put a racetronix pump(walbro) in my 97 lt1 firebird and it only ran a few minutes before locking up. I bought another new one off e-bay but it is slightly different. I am sure some of you have dealt with racetonix so you know why I bought else ware, but that is a thread for sponsor feedback forum. Anyway my new pump it doesn't have the o-ring on the bottom, but it does fit snug into the opening in the bottom of the bucket. So I was wondering if it would work without that seal, if I should use a file and make a groove for the o-ring, or should I look into sending it back and get a different one.

My concern about the first option is it sucking fuel from the bucket which would have came from the return line which did pass though the sock on the bottom of the assembly, but has been through the fuel system. I am kind of impatient when it comes to mailing stuff back, I know that is the best option but just wanted to get a few opinions before doing anything more.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of people throw generic pumps in there without problems, but many run into problems at low fuel levels with the improper pump, due to it not drawing properly from the tank.

You could try to put the o-ring in, but you risk damage to the pump if you do it incorrectly.

Be careful & give it a shot....