Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone heard of or used Durabuilt Converters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone heard of or used Durabuilt Converters?

I was pointed in their direction by Bulk Part and the lady who was helping me (via email) said they have work done by them. I figured if anyone here has heard of them or used them, and aren't very good, that it'd save me time in contacting them. They sadly have no pricing on their site, and very little info either, but at least they have a 4th Gen on it heh

Since I was told by a Mod that it's fine to post non-sponsored links like this, here it is:
durabuiltconverters.com

IF they're even remotely as cheap as I'm hoping, then I'll go with them, but I doubt it.

PS: I'm not looking for a high stall, just something to get me back on the road since the trans I bought from a guy on here turned out to be a piece of junk through-and-through (just glad I never installed it!). So a stock GM that's 2000rpm will do me just peachy.

Last edited by Formula350; 01-22-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I build some stock converters as well for local shops. Give me a call at the shop and I see if I can help you out. I have heard of durability, but that is about it.

Chris
Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well the one I asked Bulk Part about was the stock High Stall and that's $121. And since I already shelled out $550 (which I'm going to do my damdest to get all or part of it back) for a "rebuilt 6K miles ago" trans and 2500 Stall, I don't have any to spend on a stall :\ As much as I'd like to. The only upgrades going into this are the better sun shell that was in that boat anchor, a increased line pressure spring that was in it, and a better band and steels/clutches. The rest is for labor :\

I told the lady that really the most I could probably put out is $150, because I'm sure shipping won't be $10 heh If it was local, I could probably swing $175, but Tx isn't very local to Mn
Old 01-22-2009, 08:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, I am probably not going to be able to save you anything. Shipping is about $40.

Chris
Old 01-22-2009, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

durabuilt....sounds like an autozone brand lol. with TC you seem to get what you pay for. and honestly i would not buy a converter from anyone other than the sponsors here. well you already have a converter maybe you could call some sponsors here and see if they would be willing to flush yours for you if nothing else is wrong with it. they may not want to even touch it tho since its not there brand, but its just a thought to help save money.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BadBandit69
durabuilt....sounds like an autozone brand lol. with TC you seem to get what you pay for. and honestly i would not buy a converter from anyone other than the sponsors here. well you already have a converter maybe you could call some sponsors here and see if they would be willing to flush yours for you if nothing else is wrong with it. they may not want to even touch it tho since its not there brand, but its just a thought to help save money.
I'm pretty sure it's just a TCI converter, which according to the sticky is nothing more than a factory one adapted to work with V8s :\ And so they fail pretty quick.