Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Throttle Bodies....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 Throttle Bodies....

Most know of the benefits of a ported throttle body, but just wanted to shed some light on this subject and rehash the benefits. Though I have seem some claim to make more horse power with a ported unit over a stock one, there simply is no measurable gain on a dyno. However, with our ported throttle body you will see greatly improved throttle response and bottom end and mid range torque feel which equates to a significant “seat of the pants” gain. Your vehicle will be 10x more fun to drive and your throttle response will be greatly increased. The car will feel much "torquier" in the bottom end and mid range. Many liken the difference to taking about 350lbs out of the vehicle. The $100.0 investment to have yours ported is more than worth it. :turbonaug
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Banned

When cars are run on a dyno don't they just get into 1:1 gearing, hit wot, and start reading?
I think you'd see a power increase if you ran one on the dyno at different throttle positions.
I don't see how else you'd get a gain in seat of the pants power, but not actually pick up any hp on a dyno at that same throttle position.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

when measuring very small differences the dyno doesnt seem to pick them up. back to back dyno numbers tend to fluctuate even with the same cool down time same day same everything. they tend to never spit out the exact same numbers. therefore makeing small changes tough to measure.