Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-56 tailhouse bushing interchangable with 4l60e?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-56 tailhouse bushing interchangable with 4l60e?

The reason I ask Is because I need to replace mine due to excessive slop in my slip-yoke where it slides in the transmission. I think i FUBAR'd mine when my rear-end went and twisted my driveshaft, since then I've had a bad driveline vibration I cant seem to find...

Anyhow I would like to upgrade to a piece like rockland standard gears "no walk" bushing which is apparently a 1/2" longer than stock and also a much tighter fit, that should support the yoke and drivline better reducing excessive orbiting of the front U-joint right? But I cant find if anyone makes a bushing like this for the A4?

So I called rockland and talked to a tech guy and he didn't know off hand as no one has ever asked him this, he said he would try to find out for me so I figured I'd do the same.

I know the driveshaft and slp-yoke are the same for the 6 speed and A4 so Inside diameter would be the same but as far as O.D. and the extra length of rocklands bushing IDK if it would fit or how else to find out besides actually buying one and trying to install it... Anyone know?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Well if no one knows I guess i'll just have to buy a oem replacement bushing... Better than spending $40 on a part that idk if it will fit...
Old 01-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Aaaaanyone?