Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ported maf ends, good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ported maf ends, good idea?

I'm probably going to buy the MTI clear lid and a new air filter in the near future, I was thinking about picking up the fast toys ported maf ends since they're only $70 and seems like it could make a pretty good difference. I've heard that all lids have problems sealing, could something get by my air filter and get sucked into my engine if I dont have the screen on my maf? Is there a way to make an aftermarket lid seal perfectly?
Old 01-24-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cars such as the vette don't even have a maf screen. Some lids seal a little funky but most guys like to put down some type of foam stripping if they are worried about it. And if you are a "broke *** full time college student" I would not suggest screwing with the Maf, so many people run into problems when they start f*ckin with it seriously.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Launching!

alright guess I'll just use that money on a P&P TB then btw is'nt there a sponsor on here that does ported throttle bodies for really cheap and lets you send them your stock one for a slight refund
Old 01-24-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have fast toy maf ends abd the car drove way differently....like ****, till i had it tuned. save that mod for a tune day...
Old 01-24-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont see how so many people have problems with MAFs. i think theyre just completely incapable of working on cars so when they make a mistake they blow up the forums with their whining.

ive learned MAFs are pointless mods. and in my experience with my past 4 cars ive never had problems.

95 z28: descreened maf cuz i was bored. ran fine.
97 t/a: ported maf ends cuz i was curious on results. none. ran fine.
02 ws6: stock maf cuz i learned its pointless. ran fine.
99 ws6: granatelli maf cuz last owner did it. still runs fine.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now since youre getting the clear MTI lid you would only really wanna worry about the MAF cuz now you can see it. so base your decision on looks.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

thepowderpro.com

Just get the P&P throttle body and MAF ends from him and add a little powdercoating to the engine bay to clean things up.

I put the ported MAF ends on my car and didn't notice a difference, but after it was tuned for everything it did run better.....I say every little bit helps so if this removes a small restriction, more power to it.

Last edited by Summerwolf; 01-25-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be glad to take care of a ported throttle body for you. I have cores in stock and can send you a ported one, then you send me your stock one back. Same thing for MAF ends, have cores for those as well. PM me if you'd like.

thanks for the mention there summerwolf.