LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

For those who leased..................

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who leased..................

Who here is considering to keep there LS4 at the end of the lease. With the way car prices are dropping, it may not make mathematical sense to keep them!

My lease is up in April of 2010' and my buyout is 14,800 (canadian)

Lets see what the car prices will be worth by then!

Jason
Old 01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Usually the "purchase price" at the end of a lease is negotiable for what the car is worth at that time. The buyout price is just a guess of what the car might be worth at the end of a lease. The only time the purchase price benefits you is if the value of the car is more than the buyout, then you only pay what you signed for in the beginning of the lease.

Good luck
Old 01-27-2009, 03:59 AM
TECH Resident

wow only on the ls4 boards do you get so many topics about getting rid of your car.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by StealthV8
wow only on the ls4 boards do you get so many topics about getting rid of your car.

I actually LOVE my Monte Carlo and have had very few problems with it.
I would totally keep it IF it makes sense at the end of the lease...thats all
Old 01-27-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like FF said - the purchase price is a guess. My Regal GS's actual price was 3 or 4K below the contract price - I split the actual and estimated value with GM.

They want to lose as little as possible, if you buy it day 1 off lease, less BS for them. Make an offer.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

I personally can't wait. (13 payments left). While I love the car, it is everything I had hoped it wouldn't be. Creaky, rattly, it's had well over a page worth of work done to it under warranty, and I still need to replace the IIS, and perhaps another window regulator. I am honestly afraid of running this car hard anymore. I can't afford to have it break, and with all of the issues I've had, I really don't want it anymore. It's not fun driving a car you are afraid of breaking. I've actually tried to get rid of it, but the dealer trade is so low, there is no chance for me to do it now. So I'm going to swap the tires, get a beater, and wait for the lease to end. Then if the G8 GT or CTS-V prices are right, I'll jump there. If not, I'll likely look into a nice slow Beemer or some other Euro car (not that they are anymore reliable)

I never thought there would have been a car that would feel worse at 49K miles than my old '95 Z28 did. Heck, at 100K, my Z28 didn't feel like this thing does now. I'm in a permanent "limp-home" mode now.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

My smart buy is up summer 2010. My payoff amount as of now to buy it then would be $16.5k and I know it won't be worth that. I do like the car, but I won't be keeping it regardless, I'm moving on to a truck or SUV so I can get a boat.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Teching In

The buy price at the end of the lease is set from the very beginning and is not negotiable. The way to buy your lease is have your dealer buy it for there inventory and then resell it to you. Thats the only way to get your buy price way lower than GMAC wants.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JoshG20
The buy price at the end of the lease is set from the very beginning and is not negotiable. The way to buy your lease is have your dealer buy it for there inventory and then resell it to you. Thats the only way to get your buy price way lower than GMAC wants.
How long before your lease is up do you need to do this?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Teching In

If you have a smartlease through g.m.a.c i would just check with your dealer and ask if that is a set price or not. The general manager at my dealer told me you can negotiate the price. im not sure if location plays a factor into this or not.