Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My H/C 00' Z-28 v. H/C LT1 vette

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My H/C 00' Z-28 v. H/C LT1 vette

My friend who owns a local speed shop has a 92-96 6-speed LT1 vette with ported heads (not sure what kind), an SLP cam (I think he said .538 lift), 4.11's, 315's, a 75 shot of spray (his bottle was empty so he didn't spray me on any of our races)and full bolt ons(corsa exhaust etc.), so I've been bugging him to race me since I got my H/C done. His car has gone 12.60's on motor, 12.20's on spray, both on street tires. My car is a 2000 convertible z28 a4. My mods are ported 243's w/ stock ls6 valves, TSP tourqer v.2, supporting valvetrain, Mac mids w/ory, magnaflow catback, 12 bolt w/ 3.73's, stock ls1 intake and injectors, 3k stall and 315/30/18's.He kept putting me off saying that his bottle was empty, etc. Well I finally got him to race me last friday night. His shop is back in an industrial park with a wide 2 lane road leading up to it, so he said "let's just race out here on the road coming in". I wanted to get on the highway to really let 'em eat, plus his car hooks better than mine, but I told him I would take what I could get! I did a pretty big burn out to try to get my car to hook at least a little... no such luck. So we went from a dig 3 times. First race, even with me pedaling it to try to stay pointed in the right direction, he jumped out a car and a half on me, then before I could try and reel him in he missed third gear, so he got me by 1 1/2 to 2 cars. 2nd race I still spun but hooked better, and got him by about 1 1/2 cars to 85-90 (not exactly sure, I didn't look down, I was watching him and a dump trailer that was parked kind of in the road that we were coming up on pretty fast!). Last race, I hooked the best of the 3 races and pulled about a car by 60 or so, and then close to 2 cars by 100, when we shut it down. Not the greatest or longest races I've ever had, but I was happy! My first real races since getting my car back, now I told him to get his bottle filled and we'll go at it again, this time on the highway!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Teching In

I want to call b/s. I have seen that boat anchor you call a car, and that p/o/s cant get out of its own way.If you take all of the nice parts you put into that junk heap and sell them you could go and put a few extra dollars with it and buy yourself something alot faster like a huffy. lol
just joking man great job.

Last edited by 500+hpta; 01-26-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 500+hpta
I want to call b/s. I have seen that boat anchor you call a car, and that p/o/s cant get out of its own way.If you take all of the nice parts you put into that junk heap and sell them you could go and put a few extra dollars with it and buy yourself something alot faster like a huffy. lol
Until i read the last line of that i was thinking holy **** this dude is fucked up!

but haah nice races.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

Whenever you're ready, put your man pants on, pull out your man-pon and let's do it!! I'll give you any race you want, my Z versus your t/a, my wifes caddy versus your wifes Trailblazer... Let's do it!!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 00vert-z
Whenever you're ready, put your man pants on, pull out your man-pon and let's do it!! I'll give you any race you want, my Z versus your t/a, my wifes caddy versus your wifes Trailblazer... Let's do it!!
lol you guys sound just like me and my friends! don't forget to trench the sand out of your...haha
Old 01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Teching In

I tell you what. Just to make it fair i will hook a tow rope to the back of my t/a to the front of your z so when i do beat your *** it wont be by much and it wont look so bad on you. or if you would like i could take off my front wheels and drive on the rotors. that might make things even. well not even i would still get you and the bitch mobile. hey by the way how often do you let the top down and let the wind flow through your hair like all of the other biotches. lol where r u at now sucker
Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

I tell you what. Just to make it fair i will hook a tow rope to the back of my t/a to the front of your z so when i do beat your *** it wont be by much and it wont look so bad on you. or if you would like i could take off my front wheels and drive on the rotors. that might make things even. well not even i would still get you and the bitch mobile. hey by the way how often do you let the top down and let the wind flow through your hair like all of the other biotches. lol where r u at now sucker
That wouldn't make any difference at all because your **** doesn't run!!!Are you going to sit on a bucket to race me? When you finally get some wheelwells back in that 40 year project of yours, I'll leave the top down so I can get a better view of you in my rear view mirror when we race!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

HAHA this does totally sound like me and a few buddies of mine too, always back and forth about racing.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Teching In

now your just being hurtfull what a dick
give me a couple of weeks
Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

^ hahahahaha this thead is epic
Old 02-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i just had to come back for a good laugh!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just wish i had a buddy with an ls1 to f with all the time.. i did but he went to the air force
Old 02-02-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok maybe that was a lil too much patriotic smileys.....^^