Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 lifter help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 lifter help

I'm putting in new lifters and I need to check the pushrod length. I was told to take a lifter apart and put washers in it instead of the spring to be more accurate. I took the clip and the top off but how do I get the piece with the spring out of it. I cant seem to pull it ou twith my finger and i dont wanna scratch it with a screwdriver
Thanks Mike
Old 01-27-2009, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by deerslayinrednek
I'm putting in new lifters and I need to check the pushrod length. I was told to take a lifter apart and put washers in it instead of the spring to be more accurate. I took the clip and the top off but how do I get the piece with the spring out of it. I cant seem to pull it ou twith my finger and i dont wanna scratch it with a screwdriver
Thanks Mike
Use an old lifter instead of the new one. The pushrod cup is shallower than many older lifters so us one from a new lifter and swap it back when your done.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will I have the correct height if I do this. I am going from LT1 lifters to LS7 lifters, is everything else the same height? Thanks..........Mike
Old 01-27-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by deerslayinrednek
will I have the correct height if I do this. I am going from LT1 lifters to LS7 lifters, is everything else the same height? Thanks..........Mike
Yep, the lifters are the same. If you remove the internals, flip the piston over and space the pushrod cup up with washers to the clip, you'll be good. Just make sure you use an LS7 pushrod cup because they are shallower than the LT's.