Darrell K Royal Stadium, need seatingsuggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darrell K Royal Stadium, need seatingsuggestions

Well my wife and I have decided were are going to our first UT game this coming fall and are trying to decide where to sit. I am not paying $350 per ticket, so most of the middle seating is out. I was looking into sections 2,3,7,or possibly 30 (visitor sideline). Can anyone give me a suggestion on which of these sections would be better? Appreciate the help.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:46 PM
LS7 Member

If it's an evening game and you want to stay out of the sun get seats on the home side. All those sections are pretty much the same, but I would shoot for the closest to the 50 you can get. You will have fun wherever you sit .
Old 01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

do 3 or 30 to get in to the gates then just walk towards the 50 yd line
Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Teching In

I actually found some in section 6 that I might order. The note on the tickets stated, Westside Chairbacks. What does that mean?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Texas Director

I would recommend staying out of the west side upper deck. Most of those seats suck. If you're patient and you can wait don't buy any tickets until close to the game you want to go see. Actually the best place to buy tickets is on game day out in front of Scholz's beer garden. There are people selling them everywhere. Bring you a stadium seating diagram so you'll know where the seats are. You shouldn't pay more than face if you're patient. Good luck and Hook'em!
Old 01-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mmiller
I would recommend staying out of the west side upper deck. Most of those seats suck. If you're patient and you can wait don't buy any tickets until close to the game you want to go see. Actually the best place to buy tickets is on game day out in front of Scholz's beer garden. There are people selling them everywhere. Bring you a stadium seating diagram so you'll know where the seats are. You shouldn't pay more than face if you're patient. Good luck and Hook'em!
Thanks for the advice, but my wife will not make the 6 hour drive without confirmed tickets, even if I have to pay the extra and sit in just a good section vs. waiting till gameday a sitting in a great section. I wouldn't mind waiting it out and getting tickets on game day, but the wife is not a risk taker. I have no desire to sit in the upper deck, so that isn't an issue. I am going to go ahead and make my hotel plans, too.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Texas Director

I've never not been able to get good tickets myself or ever heard of anyone not being able to get good tickets around the stadium on game day. If you just have to have tickets in-hand before the game, try the swap meet section on hornfans.com or the rivals/Texas website rather than going to ebay, stub hub or any other ticket resale place. Also, it's a good idea to make your hotel reservations in advance because on game day weekends they fill up fast in Austin.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

man i miss getting front row seats
Old 01-28-2009, 09:20 AM
12 Second Club

The upper decks kind of suck but other than that you should be fine. I would just look for something on the sides, whatever good deal you can find.

Quick Reply: Darrell K Royal Stadium, need seatingsuggestions