Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Planned Car Stereo Upgrades! *Camaro GT Street*

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Planned Car Stereo Upgrades! *Camaro GT Street*

*!!!NOTE!!! This board is not made to bash anyone systems. Only post positive or constructive criticism. I have already made up my mind on my system and I won't change the configuration. So let me know what you guys have and lets have a good time!!!*

Ok Just like I promised, I will keep you guys up to date with upgrades. First of all, this is the beginning of what I call the "Camaro GT Street". I am going to add an all Sony system, with Rockford Fosgate accessories. Here is the list:

MEX-BT5700U (available this summer)

CDX-757MX (Taken from my old car, already have)

XS-LD106P5B (available soon)

XM-ZZR3301 (available soon)

XM-ZR704 (available soon)

XS-GTX1620S

XS-GTX1640

XS-W4021

XT-100HD

BitViper Antenna (oooohhhhh)
PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Controls
Custom F-Body Sub enclosure
Custom F-Body Amp Rack

The rest of the things I already have (Pretty much all of the accessories).

RF 1-Farad Capacitor
RF 4 Gauge dual amp kit
RF Capacitor wiring kit
RF 16ft twisted RCA cables
RF Battery sidepost terminal
Wiring harness
Mounting kit
Antenna adapter

Hopefully I can get everything started by the summer. I might even by a cheaper Sony stereo because I miss my CD changer. I will be posting pics when I get each mod done. BTW if you guys have nice audio setup, or have a question, just post it here.

Last edited by M-ManLA; 01-27-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Rearraging wording
Old 01-27-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I FEEL BAD FOR YOUR CAR.

putting sony equipment in any vehicle is equally as bad as putting a vtec in a corvette.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

We don't have a short memory and since I'm a mod I can easily bring back the other thread. People are just going to post in here again saying that you should avoid Sony. Just so you know what to expect. If it starts heading that way again, I'm going to lock this thread. If you don't want to hear the criticism, no need having multiple threads on it.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you want everyone to just post what they have rather then critique yours ? Ok. I can play.

Source = Pioneer AVICF90BT (it's ok, I played with it on a bench, and there are things I don't like, plus some I do. Got a really good deal)

DSP = can't tell you or I'd have to kill you . Seriously though, I am under an NDA for this, but I can tell you it has 8 channels of output, full adjustable crossover, eq, etc ...

AMPS = JBL Power Series amps. 2 PX300.4's, and 2 BPX1100.1's.

Subs = JBL W12GTi mkii

Speakers = JBL 660 GTi components.

accessories and stuff: no caps, 2 optima yellow top batteries. wire, terminals, and so on and so forth.

Granted, currently, most of it is in boxes right now. Well, the amps and DSP are from the previous install, everything else is new.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Seriously why post on a forum and get your feelings hurt because 95% of the people are trying to save you from buying junk? I guess if you like sony then again its what you're going to have to put up with ... I just wouldn't torture my ears like that

Mike, 20$ I can guess the DSP within 3 tries?

Oh and my entire system is composed of phoenix gold the old xenon series ... subs / amps / components / avic n1 / sealed box 2.5cubes common chamber / and many hours spent with my term lab.

Last edited by Genesis; 01-27-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:42 PM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

I've got an older Clarion deck, wanting to replace, but not sure with what.

Sub: 1 - 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch XLC

Amps: Rockford Fosgate Punch 500w(for the sub)
Alpine MRP-F300 74w x 4(for speakers)

Speakers: Focal 165 A1 Components
Focal 165 CA1

I've got a 1 Farad capacitor too, can't remember brand though.

I'm running an Optima red top battery, but I think I need a beefier alternator or something cause sometimes my volts drop a little low on the gauge in my dash.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

is that one of the sonys that has more bass on the rear preouts then the fronts because i bet it totally makes ur system bump then
Old 01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HWI
I've got an older Clarion deck, wanting to replace, but not sure with what.

Sub: 1 - 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch XLC

Amps: Rockford Fosgate Punch 500w(for the sub)
Alpine MRP-F300 74w x 4(for speakers)

Speakers: Focal 165 A1 Components
Focal 165 CA1

I've got a 1 Farad capacitor too, can't remember brand though.

I'm running an Optima red top battery, but I think I need a beefier alternator or something cause sometimes my volts drop a little low on the gauge in my dash.
Curious as to how long you've had the RED top... they don't normally like audio equipment the local interstate battery guy knew me by name when I had my red top.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by VIP1
We don't have a short memory and since I'm a mod I can easily bring back the other thread. People are just going to post in here again saying that you should avoid Sony. Just so you know what to expect. If it starts heading that way again, I'm going to lock this thread. If you don't want to hear the criticism, no need having multiple threads on it.
WOW a Mod!!! Where was you last thread man? I deleted the thread because it was going out of control. Hey I don't know why you would bring back the thread, but I haven't seen anyone get bashsed sinced I joined up! And I read a lot of threads. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by M-ManLA
WOW a Mod!!! Where was you last thread man? I deleted the thread because it was going out of control. Hey I don't know why you would bring back the thread, but I haven't seen anyone get bashsed sinced I joined up! And I read a lot of threads. Just a suggestion.
Yes, I am a mod, but not of this specific section. I went and read through the entire previous thread. It was actually a pretty good overall discussion. The tone was anti-Sony, but it wasn't the rude bashing you are saying.... until you started making rude comments that is. Therefore... I'm locking this thread and reinstating the other thread with your comment and the responses removed.