Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Oil pressure q

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil pressure q

so I get ready to leave for work today, and my low oil light is on, I check my oil and it was a bit low so I add 1qt and its in the required range. (my car is just short of 3k miles on this oil and normally consumes about 1qt between changes).

Anyway, Im on the freeway about 20 min and I just start loosing oil pressure, and I cant accelerate. I immediatly pull over and turn the car off. I get out check under the car and I dont see any fluids pouring out. I wait and a while and the car wont turn over. I had it towed to a local shop to have them look at it. just wondering if anyone has any ideas before I get some shitty news from the shop tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Launching!

so the shop called me this morning, said it was the fuel pump. is there a way to change this w/o dropping the tank out? They quoted me about 500 to change it out, said its a 5 hour job, gotta drop the tank, yadda yadda yadda. I know its not the easiest thing to do, and I havent changed mine before, but I know people that have done it on their f body. I just cant remember if it can be done w/o dropping the tank and I aint paying 500 for that job.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

I would've said oil pump issue from what you described. YES, the pumped can be changed without dropping the tank assuming you don't have a problem cutting an access panel in your rear deck. Plenty of write ups on it and you can do it yourself and save some cash as well.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 PM
11 Second Club

Here you go......good luck.

http://www.gonicd.com/intankinstall/...mpinstall.html
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Launching!

thanks! I appreciate it, I may just go that route