Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Toyota X-Runner m6vs. LT1 Formula a4 vs 99 GT m5

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota X-Runner m6vs. LT1 Formula a4 vs 99 GT m5

since its too cold for me to be riding, i just witnessed these races...
first run GT(catback) vs. X-runner(CAI, headers, full borla exhaust)

Im ridin in the yota and the gt's got a passenger too. The yota driver kinda sucks at driving and the GT is new to the car, so hes not too great either.
20 roll- Both start out in first, yota gets a slight jump. Yota holds the lead until about halfway through second, then the GT edges past. The GT had about 3 lengths up to 100. They agree to run again because they both fumbled 3rd a bit. Same race, 20 roll starting in first. Both nailed all their shifts, with the GT getting about 4 lengths to 100.

The formula(gutted cat, homemade CAI, slightly worn out) pulls up talkin **** to the yota, so they decide to run from a dig. Yota outlaunches the formula bad, but by 2nd gear the formula was edging past and by 100 had about 2 lengths. they run again, nearly the same result, about 1 1/2 because the x-runner nailed his shifts well.

Formula and the GT line up. GT spun a bit and the formula hooked. Formula had a 2 lengths at the end of first, but when the GT hit second, he hooked and started creeping past. the GT took the win by 2 lengths at 100. formula lined up again, but blew a head gasket on the launch, so he limped it home.

cliff notes- gt beats both, one by 4 lengths and the other by 2.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

well, obvisously the formula wasn't running good, i had a x-runner with intake and exhaust try to race me off the line and low 1st gear roll, i put 4 lengths on him by 3rd. second.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Launching!

idk why, but that truck pulls pretty damn good.. yea the formula is pretty well f*cked...
Old 01-29-2009, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

ok so speaking of those X-runners haha, i had some guy totally punked out, sweat band on his wrists, black finger nail polish, total emo kid. well i pull up next to him waiting before the under pass to get on the freeway, he is bumping some sad music really really loud, but apparently he could hear my car [when i just had stock exhuast with muffler delete] so he thinks im revving while im actually just idling. he turns the music down and asks you wanna race? and i just looked at him and kinda laughed and said, nah im good man i'm tryin to save some gas. so at this point he seems agitated, and he replies well this truck has 450hp from the factory and its supercharged. i almost burst out in laughter and just keep looking forward at the green light as to show him its on now.
so i can hear him revving this poor little 6 cylinder to the sky, light turns green and i give it about half throttle and hook decent and am thru the intersection before he even gets past the cross walk, he musta dumped the clutch and just sat their and spun. Stupid kids!

i laughed for a good half mile on the freeway while he paced next to me wanting another go.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Launching!

lol yea, keep in mind those 3 cars i mentioned are like the top dogs in our podunk little town... so, to me, that little x-runner's pretty quick.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
lol yea, keep in mind those 3 cars i mentioned are like the top dogs in our podunk little town... so, to me, that little x-runner's pretty quick.
damn just wait till you move out here man! you will see BA cars on the regular.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Launching!

oh man i cant effin wait... its depressing when i get excited about a stock ls1 z28 cruising around.