Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header squeak? QTP's

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header squeak? QTP's

I installed a set of QTP headears about 6 months ago with no problems. Now I am getting a squeaking noise not a bang but a squeak when I am at a stop sign or ideling on the brake. It is fine when moving or I can't hear it at least. I was thinking I needed some motor mounts or something but I called QTP to see what kind they recomend and they told me to loosen my header and pull it up and retighten it that it might have slightly loosened. I tried this but it did not seem to fix the noise. I haven't had a chance yet to put it on a lift to find it exactly but I figured I would ask around and find out if any one else has had this problem. I am not raggin QTP I am pleased with their product I am just needing to figure this out.

,Chase
Old 01-30-2009, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

I have QTP and the pass side collector on my car was touching the body so i bent the body a little and played with the little play you have in the bolts and i have no problems.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

My headers were doing the same thing. The shop used metal gaskets and somehow were leaking.
They were squeaking almost like a dry serpentine belt.
Found out leaky headers make a weird squeaking sound at idle.They changed to stock header gaskets and retightened, retuned. Picked up 20hp!!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blevinator
My headers were doing the same thing. The shop used metal gaskets and somehow were leaking.
They were squeaking almost like a dry serpentine belt.
Found out leaky headers make a weird squeaking sound at idle.They changed to stock header gaskets and retightened, retuned. Picked up 20hp!!
Interesting I need to look into this. Anyone else have an input?

,Chase