Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tune, Used Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tune, Used Car

I bought my 02 SS used, it has a shift kit in it and thats all im able to tell. I dont know if its been flashed before but if I purchase a tuner and the car is set on another Tune will it override the previous Tune. Can this hurt anything, will the previous tune be considered my stock tune.

As far as the shift kit goes, how does this get affected by a flash tune, this is my first auto. can I recalibrate the shifts, or does this have to be done manually? Any help thx
Old 01-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you bought a Predator or similar, it will save the tune that's in it now.

As for how much you can do with them, I'm not familiar with them on the LS vehicles so I cannot say. I know there is some adjust ability there.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoever tunes it can save the existing tune for you to a file (unless you use some less than perfect tuner like the HPP3 handheld). Pretty easy to do and essential, IMHO, in case you ever want to go back.
Yes, you can recalibrate the shifts using the tune. Lots of params in the trans section.
When you purchase the tuner, avoid the handhelds. Get a real tuning/scanning/logging package and be done with it. Dismounting soapbox now.