Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ls3/l92 build project.. Need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ls3/l92 build project.. Need help!!

Well guys i picked up a 94 z28 the other day for a great price and decided to build A race car... its going to be my all out draG car. so i dont care about street manners. heres what i got so far

L92 motor complete
Victor junior intake manifold with the MSD controler...
wilson manifold Carb spacer spary system
dm performance block girdle w arp bolts
meziere electric water pump
hooker 1 5/8 long tubes
Edelbrock 850

im sure im missing some things out but i wanna send out the heads to get ported and sugestions?

i was wondering what the best cam (track car only) would be for a n20.. im planing on hitting it with a 200 shot.

do i need a new oil pan to fit right?

and any other recomandations???

im gonna go with a build th350 w transbrake and all
i have a ford 8.8 being built now 31spline with lockers /

Last edited by 94LSXCAMARO; 02-01-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:22 AM

*also i have heard that the stock crank will hold 1000hp.. whats the deal with that?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:15 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 94LSXCAMARO
Well guys i picked up a 94 z28 the other day for a great price and decided to build A race car... its going to be my all out draG car. so i dont care about street manners. heres what i got so far

L92 motor complete
Victor junior intake manifold with the MSD controler...
wilson manifold Carb spacer spary system
dm performance block girdle w arp bolts
meziere electric water pump
hooker 1 5/8 long tubes
Edelbrock 850

im sure im missing some things out but i wanna send out the heads to get ported and sugestions?

i was wondering what the best cam (track car only) would be for a n20.. im planing on hitting it with a 200 shot.

do i need a new oil pan to fit right?

and any other recomandations???

im gonna go with a build th350 w transbrake and all
i have a ford 8.8 being built now 31spline with lockers /

OK, first thing is first:

Your Vic Jr will not fit the L92 head, as Edelbrock does not have a carb intake out yet. Working on it yes, but not out yet. Only cast carb intake out right now is the GMPP.

You do not need teh block girdle. If you have it and it was freee OK, whatever. I wold throw a set of main STUDS in, and have teh block line honed, call it done.

Header primaries are too small. I would start with a 1 3/4" unless you plan on making @ 700 HP (give or take a few) then I would step up to a 1 7/8

Not a big fan of Edelbock's carb. Holley only. Pick up a HP series 750-850CFM for what it sounds like you are wanting to do.

If trying to keep this a budget thing, do not worry about the heads right now, they flow very well straight out of the box.

If you only plan on hitting it with a 200 shot, then I would not worry about a "nitrous profile" cam. Cam the MOTOR, and then spray it, and call it a day. For these power levels, a "nitrous specific" cam is not needed. Sounds like your combo is gonna be @ 376", 10:1, single plane carb intake, 850, 1 3/4, I would pick someting in teh area of 23x/23x @ .050, low to mid .6xx on a 112 LSA.

Yes, LS1 oil pan.

Why teh 8.8? Obviously new brackets will be required, some custom work/fabrication. That being said, the 8.8 is THE BEST dollar for dollar rear end out there. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY stronger than teh weak *** GM 10 bolt, and is comparable in strength to the GM 12 Bolt (and some will argue that the 8.8 IS stronger than the 12 bolt) and cheaper to build to boot.

Recomendations:
3500-4000 RPM converter
4.10 gears and a 28" tall tire

And with teh 200 shot, you are a 10 second player.

(of course, fuel system, chassis, etc....)
Old 02-01-2009, 08:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 94LSXCAMARO
*also i have heard that the stock crank will hold 1000hp.. whats the deal with that?

Yeah yeah yeah, I don't believe it. While it MAY hold that power level, I would not risk it. If I am out trying to make 1000 HP, I am NOT gonna put a stock cast crank in there You break a crank, (and you will break a stock crank at those levels), you are gonna take out your pretty block, rods, pistons, cam, the whole enchilada!!

Stock crank will hold 600-700 HP all day long without breaking a sweat. You get in the 800-1000 range, you are on borrowed time.

And get ready, there are gonna be about a 100 people that come in after my post, telling us they are making those power levels on their stock crank for "x" period of time. All I can say is, if you want to make a 1000 HP, and you want to run a stock crank, go ahead.

Quick Reply: ls3/l92 build project.. Need help!!