Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How about this for a double din install??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about this for a double din install??

Hey guys, just seeing what you think about this install. I didnt have the nerve to chop up my stock bezel, and then I realized that it actually fit "ok" as is. I cut out the little divider shelf between the radio and HVAC, chopped up a metra late model chevy double din instal bracket kit, lined it up and presto, I even used the original back supporting strap for some added stability for the rear of the radio. I think it gives an even cleaner look because the it covers up part of the reciever, like the bottom portion that says "pioneer" and sat radio and all that crap. The CD/DVD slot lines up perfectly in at the top of the trim. It just gets in the way of the aux jack a little in the lower left corner, but thats ok cause it has an ipod connection, bus connection, and usb cable all connected in the back so I can run my wires into the center console or glovebox for an even cleaner install.
Attached Thumbnails How about this for a double din install??-radio-install-004.jpg   How about this for a double din install??-radio-install-002.jpg  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks alright but would look great if aux input wasnt half covered. guess you cant do much about that. still looks better than most double bin installs i have seen on here.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not bad at all man, how did u mount the radio etc
Old 02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
not bad at all man, how did u mount the radio etc
Al I really had to do was cut out the divider shelf for the radio and HVAC to give it some room, then I did a lot of chopping up of the double din install kit, I cut the 2 side mounting brackets in half and then flipped them upside down and put them on the oppisite side they were suppose to go on. this gave me a mounting height and depth that worked really good. Then there was a thick black trim ring that came with the kit. I cut off the top and bottom of it and used the side pieces for "filler" on the left and right, they just kind of fell into place and are held in by the factory trim bezel. Sounds complicated but it was actually really easy.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

A little ghetto looking.. but not really really bad.. I'll agree with the guy above, the aux hole would help it if fit..
Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Good job, doesnt look that bad for not cutting the bezel

here is the difference for you to see a bezel modified and what it looks like
Old 02-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Teching In

WOW, that looks reallllly nice!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Teching In

wat radio is that and nice job the install looks good

Quick Reply: How about this for a double din install??