Sponsored by:

Help with TNT kit...please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with TNT kit...please!

Nitrous Gurus,
I have a TNT wet kit on my heads/cam LS1. The car is 425rwhp N/A, but I'm having some issues with the spray. On the dyno, the 100shot only gave up 475ish rwhp and 550rwtq. The HP curve goes up quick and then falls off. The A/F looked really nice and I'm wondering why the HP isn't there. TNT said that I needed an intank pump (I have an inline one currently) and Mike Norris (Norris Motorsports) thought the fuel 'noid might be slipping. Any ideas? I was thinking this combo should be easily over 500rwhp. Thanks in advance! Ben
Old 10-08-2003, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help with TNT kit...please!

u got everything wired like it should be, no controllers between power line and solenoid?
Old 10-08-2003, 07:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I would agree with TNT and think you need an intake pump but if your A/F is staying good then you're not running out of fuel. What was your bottle pressure? It sounds like a pressure issue to me.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

The bottle pressure was right around 1000psi for all three runs and I have a warmer. The kit is wired fine and worked great before the heads/cam. It still hits, but not as hard and it tapers off. Would an intank pump make a big difference over my inline pump? Thanks in advance. Ben
Old 10-10-2003, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone? TTT for me...
Old 10-10-2003, 01:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the pump installed today. Install went GREAT. Didn't have to drop the tank, just cut an access panel on the top side of the trunk area.

As far as it helping out the kit. We "think" it fixed the problem. The only real time I was able to try it out, it didn't hesitate and was fine. Didn't pull near as hard as it had before, but found out my bottle is now empty. LOL I will go and say, my problem is fixed. Fuel pressure is now about 64 during normal cruise and drops to about 59psi at WOT. I hope this is the info you were looking for Benjamin.

Edit: We will be going to US 41 on Sunday if you are interested. It is about a 2hr drive south of you now.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got your message and I don't have my Z28 up here with me in Great Lakes. I am super-interested in how that pump works out, so please let me know any details. Thanks for all your help on this and the "other" board. Ben