Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Z28 vs Rumble Bee Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 Z28 vs Rumble Bee Truck

Ok, so this guy in my town has a Rumble bee truck with the small hemi and a 100 shot of nitrous. I know him somewhat and when I saw him creepin up I figured he wanted to go. We're going down the highway at about 60-65 mph and I look over but his windows are up and he has dark tinted windows, and I rev slightly, look back and then he stomps it...so about 1-2 secs later I hit it, reel him in like he's sittin' still and then go around him at about 115-120. I'm like, that's it. So I back off and folow him. We talk about it and I find out he was out of nitrous. I didn't say it but I was like, "that is supposed to be a performance truck, really?" He wants to race from a slow roll sometime too and I was like ok. So I go home and look it up and find out most of these things stock only run 15.5-15.9 1/4 mile times. So again, I am posting about a car/truck that didn't compare anyway. When will I get to race someone that is a challenge....hmm....challenger, that'd be cool. I mean I know technically a stock ls1 with a cutout and lid is pretty slow compared to some modded stuff, but I'm lookin for anything. I have had the car almost 8 months and only this guy and a freakin Caveleir are the only two that wanted to race. A Daytona Charger pumked out yesterday on me and didn't wanna go . What the hell. I guess this is what I get for living in a tiny little town.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Funny how " the bottle is always empty" when you beat one badly.................they never want to admit that they gave it all they had and it wasn't enough.

Bird
Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

I beleive him about the Nitrous, I have kinda known the guy for years. He's my sister-in-law's sister's husband....haha. Anyway, now he's also wanting me to race his father's quad cad srt10 truck. I here they are not such a sloutch.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by havocnmayhem2005
I beleive him about the Nitrous, I have kinda known the guy for years. He's my sister-in-law's sister's husband....haha. Anyway, now he's also wanting me to race his father's quad cad srt10 truck. I here they are not such a sloutch.
That might be the challenge you want. I don't know much about them, though.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

It could be the challenge I want, or more than likely his dad wont even do it. That seems to be how things go for me. It's almost like I want to get beat so I can have an excuse to at least get some headers and LS6 intake/ported TB.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, so this guy in my town has a Rumble bee truck with the small hemi and a 100 shot of nitrous. I know him somewhat and when I saw him creepin up I figured he wanted to go. We're going down the highway at about 60-65 mph and I look over but his windows are up and he has dark tinted windows, and I rev slightly, look back and then he stomps it...so about 1-2 secs later I hit it, reel him in like he's sittin' still and then go around him at about 115-120. I'm like, that's it. So I back off and folow him. We talk about it and I find out he was out of nitrous. I didn't say it but I was like, "that is supposed to be a performance truck, really?" He wants to race from a slow roll sometime too and I was like ok. So I go home and look it up and find out most of these things stock only run 15.5-15.9 1/4 mile times. So again, I am posting about a car/truck that didn't compare anyway. When will I get to race someone that is a challenge....hmm....challenger, that'd be cool. I mean I know technically a stock ls1 with a cutout and lid is pretty slow compared to some modded stuff, but I'm lookin for anything. I have had the car almost 8 months and only this guy and a freakin Caveleir are the only two that wanted to race. A Daytona Charger pumked out yesterday on me and didn't wanna go . What the hell. I guess this is what I get for living in a tiny little town.
I'll race you. I never can find anybody to race neither. When do you want to meet up? I'm not too far away, I'm live in Bossier City, LA. We can meet somewhere off of I-20.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

IZRED, what do you drive first...lol.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

IZRED, what do you drive first...lol.
It's a 2002 Camaro SS, It's an A4, 3:23 gears, only has full exhaust. It should be a good race. You said you had a lid and a cutout, right? Are you a M6 OR AUTO?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

It's an Auto with 2.73 gears...lol. To me though, racing another similar Camaro, or Trans Am for that matter, just doesn't get my heart pumping. It's like, we both have an LS1, but yours has the LS6 intake already and exhaust, and mine has a cutout and lid. It's gunna be close no matter what unless one of them is running badly. Not saying I wouldn't race you, but I'd like to kill a Stang or Charger/Challenger/Import etc.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's cool.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

^ chicken!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd like to kill a Stang or Charger/Challenger/Import etc.
Wouldn't we all... Sometimes you have to take what you can get. Besides then if you lose you can rationalize buying the longtubes and ls6 intake and then it goes from there...
Old 02-03-2009, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

I'm not chicken, I said I'll race..lol.

Quick Reply: 99 Z28 vs Rumble Bee Truck