Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

serious electric issue 98 camaro*please help*

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default serious electric issue 98 camaro*please help*

well here where the problem starts

one day my display screen on my radio goes off and comes back on. then it goes off again. well heres what i notice happens

my display screen goes out. the other radio lights are still on(buttons) and it takes and gives cds. it will not play anything and adjust anything when this occurs. real weird problem is that when the screen goes out the windows quit as well.

later on down the year the cd player quits playing what so ever. and its still doing the same thing when the display screen goes out the windows quit working.

ive had it at a shop where they say it a ground so they clip the ends off the grounds and redo with new connectors as well as sanding down to bare metal. this works all of 25 mins.

recently as in yesterday i decided to have a radio put in and figured it was a faulty factory radio. i explained the problem to the stereo shop who has done alot of work for me before. they hook up the new radio and it wont work. its not going into protect mode its just not working. the do some minor wiring dioagnostic to find that the yellow constant wire is causing a problem with the radio. so they decide to hook the radio to the ingnition so it cuts off with the car. assuming they left the yellow constant unhooked

finally a working radio and windows that dont shut down. but now i notice that my digital odometer is not displaying my milage. it will backlight likes suppose to so its getting power of somesort but it will not display numbers. also when i lock and unlock my car the turns and drls no longer light up when hit the button.

so if i hook everything back up the way it was i have windows and a radio that shuts off

if i put in the new radio properly i have no radio

if i put in radio like they have it with the yellow constant unhooked i have no odometer and my lights dont work with the alarm

what the heck is wrong with my car and what do i do

please help
thanks
Ric
Old 02-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like you have a problem with the body control module.