Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help finding inserts for 4 inch ram air hood and ram air box

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help finding inserts for 4 inch ram air hood and ram air box

I'm about to order a 4 inch ram air hood from VFN but they don't have hood inserts or ram air boxes. So can someone point me in the direction to find the inserts and a ram air box? I know suncoast has the ram air boxes but they're like $350...a little more than I was hoping to pay. Oh and this is for a 94 TA. Mostly interested in finding the inserts but I'm considering the box too. Or an LS1 setup. Thanks guys.

Zach
Old 02-05-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt you'll find inserts for that hood, considering it is a custom hood by VFN, they would be the only place to make those inserts.. and if they don't make them, then odds are no one else does. Your best bet is to do what other companies do, and cut the holes open and put wire mesh in the openings. That's how my Suncoast hood is, and it's really not that bad looking.

As for the ram air box, Suncoast is your only option for aftermarket ones. Other than that, keep an eye out on ebay. I picked mine up used for $150, and sold my SLP CAI for $150 to break even. Not sure how that ram air box is going to work on that 4"er.. have you even checked if that hood is even designed with functionality in mind? I would check with VFN first to make sure before hand if you plan on going the ram air route.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My father and myself are pretty mechanically inclined I'm sure I could make something that would work. But I'm kinda leaning toward just doing an LS1 lid style. I may have to just make the hood inserts like you said.

Quick Reply: Need help finding inserts for 4 inch ram air hood and ram air box