Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 05:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help please

hi , i have check engine light on what thats means ? low oil and air bag lights also, when i swapped to the new engine low oil and air bag comes lights , air bag never opened in my car the car has not been in an accident , i double checked engine oil and everything is okay

Last edited by PONTIAC SLP; 02-07-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you serious? You claim to have 600 hp and you are asking this vague of a question? The check engine light could mean hundreds of things. Go to Autozone and get them to scan it for free.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

I don't think they have Autozones in Kuwait. And he seemed vague because English might not exactly be his first language. Try and pay attention Either way, what kind of engine did you swap in? You might have forgotten to check all of the connectors. I'm sure whoever tuned your car has a scanner so I would see what codes are being set off. It's a start.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Low oil level might be because the new motor doesn't have the sensor in the pan or not plugged in? I'd check the module connection under the console for the air bag light, make sure it's plugged in tight...be careful. Get it scanned to see what the SES is on for, not to be confused with the service vehicle light, which can illuminate with the air bag light.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes no difference how well he speaks Earth's language (English) or what engine he swapped in, he needs to find a place to scan his car. You aren't going to sit here and guess what the problem is are you? Of course not.

Originally Posted by ItsNotStock
I don't think they have Autozones in Kuwait. And he seemed vague because English might not exactly be his first language. Try and pay attention Either way, what kind of engine did you swap in? You might have forgotten to check all of the connectors. I'm sure whoever tuned your car has a scanner so I would see what codes are being set off. It's a start.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

check all fuses and connections its easy to miss a connector when putting the motor back
Old 02-08-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Are you serious? You claim to have 600 hp and you are asking this vague of a question? The check engine light could mean hundreds of things. Go to Autozone and get them to scan it for free.
lol why not , i'm not familiar with this things , haha u said for free lol , everything here u should pay non for free
Old 02-08-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Low oil level might be because the new motor doesn't have the sensor in the pan or not plugged in? I'd check the module connection under the console for the air bag light, make sure it's plugged in tight...be careful. Get it scanned to see what the SES is on for, not to be confused with the service vehicle light, which can illuminate with the air bag light.
thanks i'll check it in few days
Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Makes no difference how well he speaks Earth's language (English) or what engine he swapped in, he needs to find a place to scan his car. You aren't going to sit here and guess what the problem is are you? Of course not.
yes right i will check it soon till i install my new parts