Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird fuel/trims problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird fuel/trims problem

I have a k&n filter, long tubes and a HSW plate on my 03 z06. With stock injectors my fuel trims on both banks were 20-25%, i thought this was bad o2 sensors or an exhaust leak. So I replaced both o2 sensors and my wideband sensor to be safe for the nitrous (wideband sensor was a 2-3 years old and this is the 2nd car), I also installed 42 lb injectors. I then correctly scaled the 42lb'ers in the IFR table. The car started up but the fuel trims also still go to 20-25%. At this point we are thinking vacuum leak. We sprayed some intake cleaner on the HSW plate where it meets the intake manifold and it got sucked in. It does not make a leaking noise at idle though, do you think this is enough to throw the trims off by so much or should I look else where? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks
Mike

also I scaled back the 42lb injectors in the IFR table 20% to offset the trims and the car runs perfectly at idle and WOT (straight 11.5 afr at wot) (14.7-15.2 at idle) with 0-4% fuel trims