Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e wont shift out of park

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e wont shift out of park

1998 trans am used to be hard to shift out of park when cold now just wont shift at all. the car is my girlfriends and i dropped it off last year to have stuff done and new trans put in and the shop went under took a long time to get back but it was supposed to have a new trans installed it was towed from shop to house rotted brakline hasnt moved since well i fixed the brakes and tried to take it to the shop i work at to put it on a lift and check everything that was done and couldnt get it to move chalked it up to being cold and not wanting to **** of neighbors with a open LT car idling for 15minutes to get it to shift just kept giving up well today it was 50 degrees out and still coudnt get it. please help. i'm not real good with auto trans
Old 02-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

There is a electrically controlled interlock on the shifter that may not be function properly or at all. Try removing the cable at the transmission and moving the shift lever to verify it is not internal to the transmission. Use caution if you are under the car to insure it does not run you over when you try this.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:46 AM

thanks ill have to try that next weekend. if thats not it any other idea's? so i ca knock it out in one day.

Quick Reply: 4l60e wont shift out of park