Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp ls6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp ls6 intake

recieved an slp ls6 intake a while back and have yet to connect the egr tube into the manifold( right now i have the egr tube hanging to the side with the sensor unplugged) but i wanted to know how(if) do i installl the dam thing in???
Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

why so u want to install the egr? just get some block off plates and be done with the egr completely
Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

wouldnt that scew up my smog emissions though? i need this done by fri as i have to get it smogged again.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mvaldezss
wouldnt that scew up my smog emissions though? i need this done by fri as i have to get it smogged again.
Is there an EGR port on the manifold in the same spot where the LS1 manifold had it?? SLP manifolds are supposed to have the EGR port for those doing an install on an EGR equipped LS1.

If it has the port, just plug the tube into the hole and snug down the holding bolt for the tube. If there is no port (non-EGR manifold) then you're out of luck, no EGR for you.